Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasant Canyon (by Ballarat, CA)

Well today I decided to explore the world past Trona. Always wanted to see the place where Manson went nuts.

Anyways, saw a sign for Ballarat which is an old ghost town from the 1800's. There's a fellow there who has cold soda and beer. (Natural Ice, yuck bring your own) I asked him about pleasant canyon. He said "It's rocky up there, not a good place to break down".

Well I couldn't resist. Overall this trail had everything from rocks, to water/rocks, snow, and even a huge mud hole. There was a pucker factor at the end but it was all worth it. Good trail!!!

Also I believe Ballarat to be fairly close to the PVD campsite for last year.

Click here for the pictures!
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Sweet pics! Looks fun!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Awesome pics!!! There seems to be something wrong with our jeep though, There is a top on it. LOL LOL.,
      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
      4" rough country springs
      Nth degree arms upper and lower
      1" Currie MML/BL
      Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
      33"BFG MT's
      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

I wish IN had some places like that. Nice pics, looks like a fun place to wheel.
        04 Rubicon
        4.5" RE Super Flex
        1" BL
        CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
        Currie Anti-rock swaybar
        35" el cheapos
        Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

sweet is all i can say.
          im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
          4 inch rough country lift
          35x12.5LT16's
          super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

beautiful!!!

Absolutely gorgeous Ryan!

Comment

very cool.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
                Well today I decided to explore the world past Trona. Always wanted to see the place where Manson went nuts.

Anyways, saw a sign for Ballarat which is an old ghost town from the 1800's. There's a fellow there who has cold soda and beer. (Natural Ice, yuck bring your own) I asked him about pleasant canyon. He said "It's rocky up there, not a good place to break down".

Well I couldn't resist. Overall this trail had everything from rocks, to water/rocks, snow, and even a huge mud hole. There was a pucker factor at the end but it was all worth it. Good trail!!!

Also I believe Ballarat to be fairly close to the PVD campsite for last year.

Click here for the pictures!
                Ballarat is close to the PVD camp. In fact Ballarat acts as the trailhead for several of the PVD runs. And yes, its some beautiful country up there. I only wish Trona didn't have such a God-awful stench
                It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

gorgeous pics and the sky was so clear! It looked like you could see for miles! Gotta put it on the list for this winter!
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                  2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

That trail look real pretty. Alot of nice views it looks like. If you are ever going again next month or january let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
                      That trail look real pretty. Alot of nice views it looks like. If you are ever going again next month or january let me know.
                      I'll be sure to post it in the trail runs section the next time around. It's an awesome place.
                      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
                        I'll be sure to post it in the trail runs section the next time around. It's an awesome place.

Let me know If your gonna go on a sunday, Would like to run that anytime after pvd and im not too far from you, gonna see how thing work on the jeep at pvd, Have done alot since you saw it last..
                        04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                        4" rough country springs
                        Nth degree arms upper and lower
                        1" Currie MML/BL
                        Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                        33"BFG MT's
                        Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by New one
                          Let me know If your gonna go on a sunday, Would like to run that anytime after pvd and im not too far from you, gonna see how thing work on the jeep at pvd, Have done alot since you saw it last..
                          Trust me I will post it in the trail section and I will keep a sunday in mind being that you are so close.
                          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Nice, thanks for sharing.
                            *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
                            Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
                            Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Working...
                            X