Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pumpkin Eater: 10/18! Here's what ya'll missed...

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin Eater: 10/18! Here's what ya'll missed...

We had a helluva good time on this one: I think this is the hardest trail we've found yet! (Minus JV of course) This one puts Rick's Wash to shame, well ok, not really, that one is still in second, but it sure beats anything around. From our experience: At least one locker or winch is required and the bigger the better with tires and lift. Well, on to the pictures, those say it best:

Yummy rock wash

Six-foot waterfall in rock wash

Rick's studly Jeep

Yay! Winchin'

Aaron's Commando
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Oops, here's the rest. Commentary on the way ...
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/jeeps/pum...er_oct2004.php

Comment

you all are lucky all we got out here is a 2 hour drive in any direction and a big ole imagination, i am sorry to say but the bad lands are no fun anymore been there a bunch now and usually due to nate workin i gotta go alone and it just aint no fun by yourself, there is allways next year mods mods and more mods big ole whinch and well then the fun begins.
      im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
      4 inch rough country lift
      35x12.5LT16's
      super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Looks awesome!!! I hope you guys can find it for next time!
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
          Looks awesome!!! I hope you guys can find it for next time!
          We got coords and tracks baybee! Will post 'em tomorrow or somefin.

Comment

looks fun.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

See Sarah I Knew I Wouldn't Make It Through There , And The Kids Would Have Never Got There Home Work Done
              A clean jeep is the sign of a sick mind

Comment

Originally posted by bullseye
                See Sarah I Knew I Wouldn't Make It Through There , And The Kids Would Have Never Got There Home Work Done
                Hehe! No you wouldn't have, but good thing we got that hard top on! It was freezing ... we need to get you some flares, and isn't there anything that Rick took off his Jeep that you can use to upgrade!? Hmm, limited slip axles, eventually!

Comment

This was a good one, but I must say that I'm glad we didn't find it last time out with Dukes and Nailer cuz we would have gotten there at about 4 pm and this one is a bit tough to start at the end of the day... We started up this canyon at 2 pm and finished at the top at 7 pm beer in mangled, busted up hand standing on twisted ankles... Nobody has been up this one in a while, the few rocks that were at the base of the waterfall had been kicked out from the last folks up it/maybe the summer rain. Most of the places you wanted a rock had plenty, but they were down the hill a bit from where they started. A good hard rain out there would make this one extremely difficult even with a winch since Aaron and I managed to dig some nice holes. Aaron's commander is on 36" swampers and there is a ledge that swallowed them up pretty quick. That's the spot where I'm winchin, I pretty much had to drag my junk up it. Aaron made the whole thing without a tug, but I think I stacked the same rocks in one spot about 10 times before we finally got the right setup to get that D70 rear end over the ledge... We need to set up a run for this one again to do the whole thing from this point to the end. We basically ran it backwards to almost this canyon the last time out. In fact, we drove right by this on the way out, it's up the hill on the left side of that long wash we took to get back to Stoddard Wells.

The best part is the biggest problems I have with the rig right now are the loud exhaust and the rear bump stops I put on it to keep from bottoming my new shock setup. I think there is enough shock travel to put the stock bump stops back on, so I should be in business after that.
                  1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                  My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Looks like fun!!!!! I want to go....

Jason
                    The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
                      Looks like fun!!!!! I want to go....

Jason
                      you can go if you redecorate the rec-room.

Comment

Pumpkin Eater

PE was a blast haven't had that much fun since Labor Day 2003, oh yeah the last time the Commando ran! Anyway got home monday night and battery is dead i must have a bad solenoid or short somewhere tried to start it once and went from 12v to 2 v in a few minutes! Better here than in the middle of PE. Bullseye you could have made it with the winch never underestimate the W8000I and PE probably would have even removed your fiberglass body kit for you...
                        1972 Jeep Commando

Comment

Hey Commando, glad you made it back safe. We had such a good time with you guys here. Good thing the battery didn't die on the trail, that would have been fun, NOT. Make sure to take some pics from Moab for us next weekend!

Comment

nice pics! that looks like a great traol
                            we will have to schedule that one in, for sure
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Wow, that really would have sucked. I'm pretty sure I couldn't tow you up (or maybe not even down) that trail...
                              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
                              X