Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panamint Valley Days / Nov. 12-14

Panamint Valley Days are coming Nov 12-14. We (Tom, Sandy & Sean) are planning on going. We had a great time last year. I especially enjoyed "clearancing" the gastank skid on Defense mine and the F/A-18 flybys were pretty cool too! Is anyone here planning on going this year?
    It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
    and Kargomaster rack.

Thanks for posting it Tom, I about forgot! Hmm, we'll have to see how the Jeeps are doing. I"ll calendar it.

Edit: Here's the event, Roll Call is enabled.
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...2004-11-12&c=1
    Last edited by sarah; 09-25-04, 11:32 PM.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'm planning on going.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Is the camping area gonna be easily accesible with RV's?? If so Im planning on going, Just got a new to me motorhome so gotta take it out...
        04TJ, 4.0 5spd
        4" rough country springs
        Nth degree arms upper and lower
        1" Currie MML/BL
        Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
        33"BFG MT's
        Lock-rite in the front

Comment

80% I may be going. Registration is by Oct 27. California Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs Inc. I've never been, I mean, do you have to register or can you just show up?
          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by New one
            Is the camping area gonna be easily accesible with RV's?? If so Im planning on going, Just got a new to me motorhome so gotta take it out...
            Sure is! That motorhome is going to be great too, for the chilly nights there.

Originally posted by paulhead
            80% I may be going. Registration is by Oct 27. California Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs Inc. I've never been, I mean, do you have to register or can you just show up?
            It's best, to pre-register since it's cheaper. You might be able to register there, but it would just be one additional thing to worry about when you're trying to head out in the morning.

I think we are about 80% sure we're going also.

Comment

No problem for a motorhome, I went last year with my 36' home with 25' trailer. About a 1 mile of good dirt road to campsite with plenty of good camping areas. Most of the camping areas are in past the kitchen.
              It is a GREAT event, not sure if I can make it this year.
              T
              456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Pvd!

It's amazingly beautiful there. I'll be there Friday and Saturday night with my 4 1/2 year old son and cousin. We're gonna do the same thing as last year and do our own runs/exploration. This year it's gonna be Barker Ranch via Goler Wash.

Last year we ran Lippincott Mine Road to the Racetrack to Tea Kettle Junction to Ubehebe Crater and back to camp. That was an entire day trip (10am-6pm). Those fighter planes at night rock!
                Last edited by m1jeep; 10-03-04, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Are the runs gears toward stock to modified?? All i have at moment it 2"bb and 31's and a crazy driver behind the wheel, dont want to slow everybody down because i have basically a stocker..
                  04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                  4" rough country springs
                  1" Currie MML/BL
                  33"BFG MT's
                  Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Anybody know the shortest route from mojave and how far it is to the camp sites??? Trying to figure out if gonna go to this or wait two weeks and then go out for turkey day weekend with the rv..
                    04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                    4" rough country springs
                    1" Currie MML/BL
                    33"BFG MT's
                    Lock-rite in the front

Comment

PVD info

Here ya go:

Map:
                      http://www.cal4wheel.com/pvd/Hidezmap.htm

Runs:
                      http://www.cal4wheel.com/pvd/runs.html

Main page:
                      http://www.cal4wheel.com/pvd/index.html

Hope you can make it out!

Anybody know the shortest route from mojave and how far it is to the camp sites??? Trying to figure out if gonna go to this or wait two weeks and then go out for turkey day weekend with the rv..

Comment

There are runs for everybody, you just sign up for whichever level you feel most comfortable.

Comment

Are the runs gears toward stock to modified?? All i have at moment it 2"bb and 31's and a crazy driver behind the wheel, dont want to slow everybody down because i have basically a stocker..
                          New One we did PVD last year on 30s and a locker in the rear, but for the most part we were stock and did fine. Just ask Sarah!!!
                          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                            New One we did PVD last year on 30s and a locker in the rear, but for the most part we were stock and did fine. Just ask Sarah!!!
                            Thanks for the info, I probably will be going baring any probs. Im hoping to have my 33"s and 4" lift by then so the only prob then will be the gearing will be a little tall.. Ive been lucky enough to meet sarah on a run and everybody was real helpful on my confidence.. Hope to see a few from here there, I will be the one with "Lifes short, drive a wrangler naked" sticker on the motor home and the jeep.
                            04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                            4" rough country springs
                            1" Currie MML/BL
                            33"BFG MT's
                            Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                              Yeah you guys rocked!!

If we make it, I'm sure we'll be on the most advanced run this year. Woohoo! And, I'm sure we'll be making our own night runs too.

Comment

Working...
                              X