Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Valley Trail

alrighty...i finally took my XJ wheelin and have some body damage to show from my adventure. My rockers got pretty banged up, rear quarter panel has a nice dent. Backed into a tree and got a larger dent in my rear aluminum foil stock bumper. Cam down on my front bumper all it did was chip some paint. Tried to squeez through a tree and a big fallen tree and rubbed my rear passenger door on the tree and it left some bark scrapes and 2 good dents. Front diff guard has some rock rash Transmission crossmember took some good hits. I have some pics off the damage ill get posted up here later tonite but as of now heres what i got.

hmm i think thats about it ill post up the damage as soon as i get em scanned in. oh yea this trail is in the tahoe area near Blue Lakes off of highway 89
    and runs through deer valley to highway 4. trail is about 7 miles and ended taked about 4 hours with a lot of stops
    to figure out how to get through spots and how many rocks we needed to stack.
    Last edited by JeepJunkie; 08-20-04, 07:40 PM.
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Last edited by JeepJunkie; 08-20-04, 07:42 PM.
    B R E T T

Comment

and here is the damage....

B R E T T

Comment

YAY! now that you got that over with! LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Need to weld on some stand-off/sliders to the rocker guards to keep the rocks away from the doors. 6" would probably be enough and would provide a nice step for in/out when your XJ gets taller!
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

You drive that thing hard. At least now its REALLY trail rated. No really it is. You got some fatty dents on that thing now. Cool

Comment

looks like a nice trail.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
              X