Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last chance canyon some today shots

Dont have a whole lot of pics, but Al showed me a new trail off shoot that was just insane . I sliced a sidewall about 3-4" and had to head home early after the plugs kept leaking. That canyon trip alone was worth it. Here are the shots I have. As usual the pics dont do the trail justice. It was tight, narrow with very sharp rocks, and some steep waterfalls.

ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
    00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
    97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

nice pics! lets see the unlimited carnage oics
    ooooh sully, you are in trooouubble
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Some minor Damage Mike's Libby,
      Was a fun run all in all.
      Was a great day. Sorry you had to cut out Chris.
      Kirk
      1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Those pics actually make the trail look hard! Awesome! Sorry to hear about the carnage, glad everything worked out ok.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

More more more...what happened?

howd the libby and the unlimited do?

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

chris I've seen that shoot before but never walked it out.Is it a dead end or does it come out.
            95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

That side trail is a bear. It is right before the v notch on the left. Walked it last time and showed it to chris. Not sure where the trail ends, chris stopped about 3/4 up because of a 6 foot water fall that he didn't want to drive back down if he couldn't get out. I would't have wanted to come back down there either. Next time, I'll run it.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                That side trail is a bear. It is right before the v notch on the left. Walked it last time and showed it to chris. Not sure where the trail ends, chris stopped about 3/4 up because of a 6 foot water fall that he didn't want to drive back down if he couldn't get out. I would't have wanted to come back down there either. Next time, I'll run it.
                Al, I was thinking we should really go explore that trail some more and see where are it goes. That waterfall is do-able. We should see where the trail comes out. Worst case we could winch backwards down that steep waterfall where I stoped my climbing.
                00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by scubatch
                  chris I've seen that shoot before but never walked it out.Is it a dead end or does it come out.
                  Jeff the trail kept going. This is where I stopped because I did not want to drive back down it. It steeper than it looks. Winching down back wards would work though. That trail has got to come out somewhere :confused:

00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                  97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

The last time I was out there I walked that canyon a couple hundred yards. It looks like alot of fun! I saw lots of tire tracks but could not tell if they went in and turned around or kept going. I asked about it on POR. One of the Tinbinders said that it has a very large waterfall towards the end. He said that most of the spur canyons end this way. He did not say if it was doable or where the trail ends up. I am not sure if the waterfall that you stopped at is the one he was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by fourbangeryj
                      The last time I was out there I walked that canyon a couple hundred yards. It looks like alot of fun! I saw lots of tire tracks but could not tell if they went in and turned around or kept going. I asked about it on POR. One of the Tinbinders said that it has a very large waterfall towards the end. He said that most of the spur canyons end this way. He did not say if it was doable or where the trail ends up. I am not sure if the waterfall that you stopped at is the one he was talking about.
                      Thanks for the info. I was thinking of asking one of the benders about this trail and what it was called. It definitely went farther then where I stopped. I walked aways and saw that it kept curving around.
                      00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                      97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

I'm up for it. Lets set something up for when it is a little cooler.
                        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Haha, actually I didnt get to drive the unlimited at all. My dad di al the driving. He got hung up two times. One time because I didnt adjust the linkage for the t-case when I did the 1 inch body lift. He couldnt get the jeep into 4 wheel. While he was trying to get it in 4wheel his left rear tire picked up a good sized rock and dragged it through the wheel well. There is a sharp dent about the size of a quarter on the inside of the jeep. After that hang up he followed chris and well that wasnt a good idea. His left bumperette wedged him in. So he couldnt back up. Then the tranny skid had a big rock stuck in front of it. He got a pull from chris's jeep. The rest of the day was fun. I drove my bro's jeep a little bit. When part way up the monster hill. Stopped at a few mines. It was a good day but it was really really hot! When chris was patching up his tire the unlimited thermometer read 137. I dont know if that right or not but it was reallt hot.

Comment

that antenna's dead sexy did you ever get the trailer brakes straightened out? i told you that this trip was doomed from the start, but did you listen? noooooooo..... of course not

looks like i missed the fun, but i definitely don't miss the heat. it's about time for another big bear run- who's renting the cabin this year?

Comment

It was nice and cool in the liberty.
                              __________________________________________________ __

Michael
                              93 Cherokee ^ 4.5 Rusty's full suspension lift
                              ^ Dick Cepeck FCII 31's ^ Much more to come

Comment

Working...
                              X