Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at the inside of my left front tire and where the sidewall meets the tread it looks like a screwdriver was taken to it. In some spots it's 1/8th of an inch deep. Think America's tire covers this? I have no idea what cut into it. Maybe from when I flexed on the trail? I dunno. :mad:
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
      that antenna's dead sexy :
      Chuck I now owe you an antena. It came off some where on the way out off the trail :mad: Now I have to buy 2. What size woud you like?
      Last edited by Chris_L; 08-16-04, 08:38 PM.
      ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
      00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
      97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
        I was looking at the inside of my left front tire and where the sidewall meets the tread it looks like a screwdriver was taken to it. In some spots it's 1/8th of an inch deep. Think America's tire covers this? I have no idea what cut into it. Maybe from when I flexed on the trail? I dunno. :mad:
        Ah ha! Found the problem. Seems that the bolts sticking out of where the top of my sway bars are were digging in. Now just a matter of seeing if I can get a new tire. :shade:
        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Ah ha! Found the problem. Seems that the bolts sticking out of where the top of my sway bars are were digging in. Now just a matter of seeing if I can get a new tire. :shade:
          Ive taken 4 tires back to Americas Tire with no problem From screws and nails in them, to a puncture in the side wall, caused from (of all things) a tire punch for pushing in plugs That happened in Calico, On accident even They havent said no yet.

Id suggest that you fix the problem so its not so obvious when you take the tire back. It could be misconstrued as negligence.

Good luck!

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
            Ive taken 4 tires back to Americas Tire with no problem From screws and nails in them, to a puncture in the side wall, caused from (of all things) a tire punch for pushing in plugs That happened in Calico, On accident even They havent said no yet.

Id suggest that you fix the problem so its not so obvious when you take the tire back. It could be misconstrued as negligence.

Good luck!

Tam
            Thanks for the info. I guess I will go to Lancaster and give it a try when I get back from my trip. the tire's not totally trashed, still has air and just doesn't seem safe. I will be sure to cut the ends of those bolts off though before I go. :wink:
            [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Thanks for the info. I guess I will go to Lancaster and give it a try when I get back from my trip. the tire's not totally trashed, still has air and just doesn't seem safe. I will be sure to cut the ends of those bolts off though before I go. :wink:
              put a plug in it.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

The Unlimited did great, felt like a low rider compared to my TJ. Once I got the linkage sorted out it did Ok. Dont underestimate the extra space behing the rear seat. I normally run no rear sear and all the tools, cooler and crap behinnd the driver. We caried 4 passengers and all the normal tooll,cooler and garbage behing the rear seat.

The carnage was that all 4 bumperettes(those cute plastic things) have to go,they dont look like they used to. And we did put some RE discos on, what a pain in the ass.
                All in all this is a great buggy to build up 35s-37? I dont know yet. Definitely a loooong arm type of syspension.. and some kind of belly op, thot ATs hang down aweful low.

No real carnage to report , kyle addmittedly did most of the damage, chosing bad jackpoints to do the 1 1/4" body lift.

Comment

Chris L,
                  What's with all the pics of you lifting a front tire off the ground with hardly any articulation?
                  Looks like those front shocks are topped out at static ride hieght, get some longer ones!
                  Easy to critique, harder to spend $$ Look at my junk!

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF
                    Chris L,
                    What's with all the pics of you lifting a front tire off the ground with hardly any articulation?
                    Looks like those front shocks are topped out at static ride hieght, get some longer ones!
                    Easy to critique, harder to spend $$ Look at my junk!

I was wondering the same thing when I saw the pics. :confused:
                    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Those are the longest shocks that i can run on the front without letting my springs start to unseat. I have modded the upper shock mounts with ford mounts and moved the lowers down on the axle. I am running RS9's #9012 in front 32 1/2 ext and 19 1/2 compressed. Thats what limits my front axle. Just enough up travel to stuff the front tire {remember they are 37's} to the bottom of the tube fenders, and just enough drop to limit the spring from losing seat pressure. I never really lifted a tire before with the 5 gear set up. The auto seems different. That canyon was "REALLY" Neat with lots of off camber stuff. Thats the only way i can figure on tire lifting issue as of yet.
                      ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                      00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                      97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Chris L,

I know pictures never show the true angle of things and can be very deceiving.
                        How do the magazine guys get those shots they do?
                        My pics always seem to flatten everything out.
                        I know you spent alot of time, thought, and money building your rig and it is an impressive machine.
                        If your springs are just unseating when the shocks top out then you must have them right.
                        Just looked funny lifting the wheel in some of the pics,
                        and, I wish my rig was even one-tenth as capable!
                        So I'm giving you a hard time! No offense meant.
                        Lets see some pics of you clearing that trail, and this time, no shredded tires!

Comment

Working...
                        X