Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5/30/2015 Run up Rattlesnake Cyn and Heartbreak Ridge.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alittleoff View Post
    Roger, is Japanese Camp referring to an internment camp? My DW has read about one that used to be near Cal State San Bernardino.

Steve
    Steve, Japanese Camp was a hide out during WWII. A group of Americans of Japanese descent hid out there rather than be sent to an internment camp. Very cool place. I read an account of some people exploring the area in the 60's I believe and they came across a bunch of cases of Japanese Beer hidden in a nearby mine.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

I had bookmarked this video after our trip a few years back. Hopefully the idiots have not found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8i2M4d5CXs
      Rich

Comment

Thanks for the info Roger and that video Rich. A fall drive up there sounds great.

Steve
        All slow and no show

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
          I had bookmarked this video after our trip a few years back. Hopefully the idiots have not found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8i2M4d5CXs
          I thank God they did not give out the location on the video. After Mitch and I discovered it's location, we posted here on MJR. Soon after that, some ass holes burned down the house at one of the old mine sites not too far from there. We decided to remove the post and the gps coords. We both decided we would not tell anyone where it is unless we knew them extremely well.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
          X