Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was all my fault for not communicating better. I was wrenching into the evening getting Opy some new knock sensors, so I didn't post until morning. Sorry we missed Art and Fred. I have never wheeled there so I missed the normal staging area, but luckily Butch hung in there and we finally met up.

We got to Pumpkin Eater and had a great time making it up the hill. The V8 is awesome (even though it is still throwing 1 knock sensor code, better that the two it was throwing). The lower gearing in the D300 is great too. Coming from 1.9:1 in the np205 the Dana's 2.62:1 makes a big difference. Made it up the waterfall once I got the line right and charged up the rest. I had one glitch when I lost starter power, but it ended up just being the relay so I popped in a new one and was good again. After we made it through the tough part and were headed to the road, Butch hit a rock, bounced the rear end and dropped the rear driveshaft. It looked like the splines jammed on the slip joint and when the axle drooped it pulled the u-joint bolts out (my best guess). So we headed to Barstow and picked up some u-bolts and got it back together. All in all a great day, I am really happy with the way Opy is running. Temp is steady, good power, can go slower with the new t-case and I think my milage improved.

Comment

Just did the math, still at 14 mpg for highway (maybe 1 mpg better than before). I really could use overdrive, running 3000 rpm at 60 burns the gas. I feel like on the trail it used less but that is always hard to gauge.

Comment

Right on! Pumpkin eater is fun! I've only been out there once, I want to go back again
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

As soon as I repair the trail damage from Superstition Mountain, I am interested.

Comment

Working...
          X