Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CVD View Post
    Great pics; looks like you had a good time. Any idea why the Dusy is closed?
    Starting two years ago the Forest Service set opening dates for all the trails,the date for Dusy is August 1st(Regardless of snow conditions). The reason they give is the Yosemite Toad.

Comment

Beautiful pictures Mike. Wonderful and informative write up. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

[QUOTE=mountainguyed67;226444]
        Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post

Mirror is actually rated moderate,and Coyote is rated most difficult.
        The trail is moderate to the downhill section that descends to the lake - that's the section referred to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
          Beautiful pictures Mike. Wonderful and informative write up. Thanks for sharing.
          Thanks Mitch, it's a great area up there. The mine site looked like it was originally built in the early 1900's. Most of the structures were made of Lodgepole logs with a dirt floor. And was maybe mined to the 40's or so. There was a WWII radio truck bed there that they used for a storage shed.

Comment

[QUOTE=mkjeepers;226486]
            Originally posted by mountainguyed67 View Post

The trail is moderate to the downhill section that descends to the lake - that's the section referred to.
            I saw a Jeep with mild lift,slightly larger than stock tires,and open diffs go down that hill,turn around and go right back up without trouble. I could tell they were open diffs by what the wheels were doing.

Comment

Working...
            X