Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Sawmill Trail near Idywild

To All Jeepers:
    This is to let you know that the Sawmill Trail near Idylwild, designated 7S05 is having a problem with illegal trails being cut out near the Kiln. The Forest Service is asking for volunteers to help block these trails toward the end of July. Unfortunately this illegal activity has been linked to MJR due to a run that was posted to that trail back in 2009. As you know (or should know) MJR does not condone or support any illegal off road activity and will not tolerate any such behavior. Please stay on the designated trails no matter where you are. It's what's best for us all.
    If you would like to volunteer a day or two to help block the illegal trail, please post up here or send me a PM with your information and I will get you in touch with the right people.

Thanks to all of you who wheel responsibly.

Kurt
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Okay, since I was involved in both of the Sawmill trail runs posted on MJR in 2009, which thread are you referring to? In neither case were any illegal trails used by our group. We stuck to the established roads and trails, so I'm curious how this is being linked to MJR?
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Big Brother is watching. Does that trail go by another name?
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Not that I know of. Sounds like Big Brother is mistaken or making stuff up.
        Last edited by inVERt'D; 07-04-13, 08:17 PM.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Yea, don't see how they connect the two. But I don't think they are saying MJR had anything to do with it.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
            Unfortunately this illegal activity has been linked to MJR due to a run that was posted to that trail back in 2009.
            Happy 4th, Curtis!
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
              Yea, don't see how they connect the two. But I don't think they are saying MJR had anything to do with it.
              The trail report from 2009 was linked to the trail to reference the the trail. Obviously the illegal activity going on now has nothing to do with the 2009 run. Regardless there is a link to mjr that is connected to illegal activity. Thats why I posted this. Also to see if there is anyone locally on this thread that wants to get involved. It would be nice to see some new people get involved in keeping our trails open. The small number of volunteers we have are spread as thin as celophane. Be nice to get some help out there.

Comment

Also to remind everyone AGAIN... STAY ON THE TRAILS. Please. Thanks.

Comment

Rat,
                  Just sent you a PM, I'm in for any help I can do. I'm not real close but gives me a reason to get off the Mtn. it looks by the map its about 75 miles that's not bad if I'm right.
                  I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

depending on when it is, I might be able to go. I've never been out that way, how are the trails out there?
                    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                      depending on when it is, I might be able to go. I've never been out that way, how are the trails out there?
                      Never been out there. Apparently most of the trail in question is in the Wilderness and not legal for motorized access, but I don't know. I'm researching it...

Comment

I though the Klin was in the National Forest?

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                          I though the Klin was in the National Forest?
                          I'm looking into it. The way it is described is that there is a trail burned in beyond the kiln heading into the wilderness. I still have info coming in so maybe I'll have more later. I'm mainly trying to make sure we don't get tagged as proponents of illegal activity. That is all I'm concerned about here. The information the FS person I'm dealing with is using is over 4 years old. this guy apparently doesn't get out much, but I don't don't know him so I could be wrong. I'll keep posting if anything else worth mentioning comes up. If not then don't worry about it.

To all: Still volunteer to help if you can. Thanks.

Comment

Well I'm more confused than ever. Please ask the gentleman for a map and photos showing what he's talking about so we don't have to guess.

Here's a map someone posted up showing the popular Loop. The David involved in this run was not me
                            http://sdoffroad.blogspot.com/2012/1...tains-and.html
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

I would also like to see what he is talking about. People have been using this trail for a very long time. I don't mind helping th FS with trail maintenance. but don't make accusations with out proof.

Comment

Working...
                              X