Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Creative fixin boys, still seems to me Mr Green needs a date with a sawzall and a torch and sport a spanking new Kurt build suspension.
    Yeah, I should, but my money will have to go into a new T/C and tires first. The tires are almost as bald as me and the TeraLow is starting to make that loud growl that signals its coming death. I think that I'm going to go with an Altas this time. Maybe even a 4-speed version.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

4 speed would be sweet. Mike depending on what you think your needs are plug your numbers in this thing. Is a pretty good caculator and lets you do side by side comparisons. As far as your suspension goes getting rid of the short uppers will help a whole lot

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

Comment

As far as your suspension goes getting rid of the short uppers will help a whole lot

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html
        X2 on the uppers. We can do better than Procrap...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
          X2 on the uppers. We can do better than Procrap...
          Anything is better than ProCrap, but the bit that broke wasn't from them. I had replaced a worn Heim with a cheapy a while back. Can't complain too much though. The cheapy got me through Moab, Fordyce, and many other trails since I put it in. But on the other hand, all of my rear upper control arm issues have all been on the driver's side. Weird huh?

So what do you mean by short uppers? The ProCrap rear suspension has adjustable uppers. The mounts use the stock frame location but attach to an axle mount that sits above the diff. Is there a better set up?

[/COLOR]

Comment

Long arms at the bottom and short arms on top don't work to well. The short arms cannot keep up with the travel of the longs arms. Causes binding, trackbar being there doesn't help either. Use close to equal length arms up top with new mounts and things will be much happier

Comment

Long arms at the bottom and short arms on top don't work to well. The short arms cannot keep up with the travel of the longs arms. Causes binding, trackbar being there doesn't help either. Use close to equal length arms up top with new mounts and things will be much happier
              No track bar in the rear for this set up. 4-link suspension only. All arms are equal length. ProCrap might have gotten this part right? Really? Wow!

Regardless,your Gear Ratio website is awesome! Thanks for posting that! I am truly excited about what my wee manual might possibly produce to the ground with the right accessories.
              Last edited by Mike; 05-30-13, 11:16 PM.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike your upper control arms use the stock factory mounts, so they are short arms and have a lot of trouble keeping up with the flex of the . arms. A short arm 4 link puts a lot of side load on those short upper arms, hence the breakage. Same happened with my upper trilink on my put put Jeep. The reason the drivers side breaks more is simple, you can see the drivers side tires so you tend to put those on the bigger rocks more often

Comment

Mike your upper control arms use the stock factory mounts, so they are short arms and have a lot of trouble keeping up with the flex of the . arms. A short arm 4 link puts a lot of side load on those short upper arms, hence the breakage. Same happened with my upper trilink on my put put Jeep. The reason the drivers side breaks more is simple, you can see the drivers side tires so you tend to put those on the bigger rocks more often
                  Ah, Got it! So where should the uppers be attached so that they can be as long as the lowers?

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Ah, Got it! So where should the uppers be attached so that they can be as long as the lowers?
                    New upper mounts, longer links, polyperformance or ruffstuff should be able to sell you upper frame mounts or make some. They aren't terribly expensive

Comment

Originally posted by scottymoto View Post
                      i had a great time.let me know if and when we are going to try it again.
                      ditto for me! Looked like everyone had a great time....this trail is quite a way from me but I would love to join you next time you get this trail run together again!

Comment

x2. If you guys attempt this again, I will try to get the time off to make it out. That looks like a killer (pun intended, sorry Mike) trip.
                        USMC F&AM

Comment

Does anyone have the GPX file for this run ? I'd like to import it to google earth and do a fly over.
                          You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Working...
                          X