Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could have made it. Count me in for the next time for sure, this trip has been burning in the back of my mind since we tried to run it in 2010 East to West.
    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
      Looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could have made it. Count me in for the next time for sure, this trip has been burning in the back of my mind since we tried to run it in 2010 East to West.
      Yep. Fun run for sure. A long time ago I did this run in one day, half of it in the rain. The trails and my Jeep were a lot different then. I'm sure we'll do it again since we didn't quite meet our mission objectives, so we'll let you know.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Wow - what a crazy trip! Sounds and looks like a great time!! Love the time lapse of the jeep packing... teehee!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
          Wow - what a crazy trip! Sounds and looks like a great time!! Love the time lapse of the jeep packing... teehee!
          I didn't think about videoing the whole affair and then running it in Quicktime with some old Keystone cops music...

Comment

Sounds like a great trip. Talked to Roger yesterday and he said he had a ball. Only one I hadn't run was 2N17x. Miss those runs guys!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
              Sounds like a great trip. Talked to Roger yesterday and he said he had a ball. Only one I hadn't run was 2N17x. Miss those runs guys!

Mitch
              Did you lambaste Roger for hurting the 88!

Comment

Haha, Ozz looks like.... Yeah whatever after you back hafted my ass.

Steve
                All slow and no show

Comment

Originally posted by alittleoff View Post
                  Haha, Ozz looks like.... Yeah whatever after you back hafted my ass.

Steve
                  I know...

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    Great report. Sorry you guys didn't make it. Good thing is I should be done by the next attempt.

Make sure you post your hours please so I can add them to our spreadsheet.
                    Yeah, I think that I am going to have to plan a return trip. I still really want to make the whole run.
                    Heim joints (got a spare this time!) and other needed repair parts are ordered and shipped today. Hopefully I will have the Jeep back into shape by Friday.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

looks like a great time yall had! I hope to make the next one. I just wanted an "easy" time after my flop... Sergio.. loving the red hood on the YJ

Comment

Franken Jeep is looking spiffy again doesn't it Skeeter. Did you enjoy yourself around death valley?

Comment

had a great time. i had only run two trails. now i have run most of them and john bull is one of my favorites.

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                          looks like a great time yall had! I hope to make the next one. I just wanted an "easy" time after my flop... Sergio.. loving the red hood on the YJ
                          There was a discussion about painting the body armor red to match.
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay off of Kurts foot!

Comment

I met up with Mike on the second day at Dishpan. After getting half way through Holcomb Creek Mike broke his hiem joint where it attaches to the top of the rear axle. The Hiem joint obliterated. Mike had a spare he found on the trail one day. It was the opposite thread. We cut the old threads off the bad hiem and welded it to the body of the hiem with the oppsite threads. It held for a little while...then the welds broke. We pull the upper arm off again and cut the welded stock nut off to use Kurts spare hiem joint, which was larger diameter and fit into the upper arm. It was by sheer luck we found a nut that fit the tread. We welded the nut to the arm and threaded Kurts hiem joint into it. The second repair worked much better.

Here are some photos so the labor of love we put into Mikes jeep on trip.

Comment

I just want a disclaimer here. That weld in the last picture is NOT mine

Comment

Creative fixin boys, still seems to me Mr Green needs a date with a sawzall and a torch and sport a spanking new Kurt build suspension.

Comment

Working...
                                X