Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Sunday, Jason, Joel, Heather and I left the High Desert Roundup base camp and headed up Camp Rock Road to see if we could find Lorie and her friends in Calico. The 35 mile drive took just under an hour. We found Lorie and the gang in the usual spot in Doran Canyon. Lorie offered to lead a run up Doran. We had a total of eight Jeeps run up Doran Canyon and down Odessa Canyon: Lorie (I H8RDS) in her white TJ, Brett in his green TJ, Jason (Jason) in his green YJ, Joel (Jeeper Joel) in his red CJ3a, myself (Russ Chung) in my khaki TJ, Bernie (WeRubiBlue06) in his blue TJ, Skylar (SkylarM) in his silver TJ, and Brandon in his silver JK Unlimited.

Jason's green YJ followed by Joel's red CJ3a in Doran Canyon:

Bernie's (WeRubiBlue06) blue TJ:

Jeeper Joel gets some air:

Jason and Joel in Odessa Canyon:

Bernie, Skylar and Brandon in Odessa Canyon:

Jeeper Joel:

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Had a good time wheeling with you guys on Saturday. Sunday morning things were moving slow so Danny and I headed off to do a little exploring. Headed up that little canyon that takes you over to Mule Canyon to see how many people were over there. Wasn't many. Exited Mule canyon and then rolled along between the hills and I-15. We got back on the road at Mineola. We found three headstones on top of a little hill just across from the bug check on I-15. The oldest one was dated 1937. Several 10 to 12 foot deep cut washes along that route. Next time out there I'll investigate some of those canyons in that area. Seen lots of old roads going into them, no tire tracks on them. No telling how long it's been since anyone has been up those canyons.

Comment

Working...
      X