Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: CALICO - MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! May 24th to May 26th

Hi

Some of my friends missed out on the last one, so we're going to do it again. I did call Ranger Rick and got a 'GO" on Sky Ranch as well....

All the same info applies as my last run...

The road to camp is a dirt road..RV friendly.

Date: Friday May 24th-26th
    Camp location: Top of the mountain

It's Miller time!!!

***3 options on meeting places***

Option 1-

Friday- May 24th. Meet at the Flying J off Interstate 5 at 4:15pm. From there, I'll take us to camp.
    Address for the Flying J: 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd, I-5 Frazier Park Exit 205, Frazier Park, CA 93243

Option 2-

Friday- meet at the ranger station off Lockwood Valley Road.
    Address: 34580 Lockwood Valley Rd. Frazier Park, CA 93225
    From there, I'll take you to camp. ***Depending on how many people want this option, and we get a little closer, I'll decide on a time.***
    I'm thinking somewhere around 7-8pm.

Option 3-

Meet us at the trail head of Lockwood/Miller on Saturday morning at 1030am.

Direction Details to Miller's trailhead:

This trail is southwest of Fraizer Park, west of Hungry Valley. The Flying J is right off Interstate 5 North at Fraizer Park. Get gas there if you need it. From there, it's around 7 miles to Lake-of-the-Woods. Turn left on Lockood Valley Road. There's a little market there on the corner that makes the BEST sandwiches and potatoe salad I know Nothing about coords; but if you're meeting us at the trailhead Saturday, the GPS Waypoint Coordinates are:

Latitude North: 34 44 07.3
    Longitude West: 119 02 16.4

Run Details:

Saturday

Be at the trailhead by 1030am. After we are done running Lockwood and Miller, we will be at the top of Alamo Mountain. It takes around 40 minutes or so to come back down the mountain which puts us into Hungry Valley.

Sunday

It's Gorgeous where we're camped. Trails 118/119 are right there. We can always putt around the mountain..there's deer and other 4 legged friends out there We also have trails 111,112 and 113 up the road from us..

Difficulty

Miller is rated Black Diamond. I've brought many stock rigs through Miller with no problems. I do recommend you have sliders. There are a few rocky areas and steep switchbacks. There's also some flat trail riding.

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU PLAN ON COMING AND WHICH OPTION YOU PLAN ON USING TO MEET ME. If you're planning on option #2 at the Ranger station Friday evening, post a good time for you. Based on the feedback from that, we'll decide on a time.

Who's in so far:

1. Lorie- I H8RDS- Fri at 415pm Flying J
    2. Bernie and Vanessa- Werubiblue06-See you up there Friday eve!
    3. Brett-YJKalamity- Friday eve
    4. Joey and friends-JeepJoe22-Friday eve
    Jeep Girl

Most likely I'll be there. Friday, option 2.

Comment

Get out!! No way! How long has it actually been?

Have you never been to Sky Ranch??..call me; I'll give you directions from the Ranger Station..it's just up the mountain..to the top.. a clearing in the woods. I'll PM you my digits in case you dont have them anymore.

Glad you're making it out!
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Never been up that way at all. Got your PM. I'll call you closer to the actual date. I've got some work to do on the rig this weekend and next . It's been too long. I've been gone about 8 months, and haven't been wheeling in close to 10. Stoked to hang with you, Bernie and Vanessa!
        -Sky

Comment

CHANGE OF PLANS DUE TO THE FIRE AND MESS IT'S GOING TO CREATE!

Looks like we're going to CALICO instead !

Date: Memorial Day Weekend
          Friday May 24th-26th

**DIRECTIONS AND INFO:**

The address to the ghost town is 36600 Ghost Town Road Yermo, CA 92398.

TO GET TO OUR CAMP: Go 100 yards past the Ghost Town. Doran Scenic Rd is on the left. You’ll see the triangular looking ranger sign encased in glass. Make that left and keep going straight down the dirt road. You'll run right into us. We're going to camp off Doran Scenic Rd before you go around the bend to the Gatekeeper. There's plenty of room for RVs and tents. It's dry camping. No facilities, water etc. We'll run all the major trails!

If you want to come out Saturday, please be at camp by 930am.

**YOUR RIG SHOULD HAVE**: Tow points; front and rear, sliders, armor, be lifted and at least 31's..33's are better. Lockers are not required, but helpful in a couple spots. If you don't have them, no biggie. Worse case is you get a strap/winch.

Look for my Yellow Happy Face Flag sticking out of the rocks in front of my camp. My rig is a white TJ, pink windshield banner, American Flag Painted Diff Covers and American Flag flying driver.

CB- Ch 4. ( I don't get cell service once out in the canyon.)

Open to anyone who wants to join in.

Who's going:

1. Lorie- I H8RDS- I'll get there around 630pm ish Friday
          2. Bernie and Vanessa- Werubiblue06-
          3. Brett-YJKalamity-
          4. Joey-JeepJoe22-
          5. Skylar-
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Yer a little nutty you do know its like 102 down there during the day...Just got back from other house and couldn't wait to get outta there, coming thru Barstow at 7am it was 85 degrees...Find a shady spot
            I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

10 day lookout..high 80's. The heat doesn't bother us !
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Lorie,

I suggest that you close out this thread and start a new one with "Calico" in the title. I can't join you because I'll be at High Desert Roundup in Johnson Valley.

Russ
                If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                KI6MLU

Comment

Hey Russ,

Maybe a mod can just change the title. I dont think anyone here is that interested in doing Calico anyways..it'll be high 80's - low 90's.

Have a good time at HDR!
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

haha i was just bouncing around the forum looking for places to check out in calico, and saw this post we will be out there with a bunch of friends celebrating our wedding shower all weekend, we will be off mule canyon road though, probably bump into you guys!!
                    keep an eye out for us!
                    Last edited by ridelbz15; 05-21-13, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Sure thing! You'll probably see us tooling around Drop by and say hello if you're going to go watch some Gatekeeper action Friday or Saturday night! We'll probably also night run!
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

im debating about hitting the gatekeeper myself, i made it to the last climb when i was on 33s and stock steering, now im on 35s and a beefier steering so i might attempt it again we will see lol

Comment

Well now!!! If that's the case, you Must drop by our camp on the way. We can't miss that show!

Some of us are getting there by noon Friday.

Look for us!

1. Lorie- I H8RDS- Friday
                          2. Bernie and Vanessa- Werubiblue06-Fri-
                          3. Brett-YJKalamity- Fri-
                          4. Joey-JeepJoe22-
                          5. Skylar-Sat-
                          6. joesa1952-day run
                          7. Brandon and Britt-
                          8. Josea1952's Friend- day run
                          Last edited by I H8RDS; 05-22-13, 04:53 PM.
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by ridelbz15 View Post
                            im debating about hitting the gatekeeper myself, i made it to the last climb when i was on 33s and stock steering, now im on 35s and a beefier steering so i might attempt it again we will see lol

Part of my group will be getting there by 1230 today. We'll run trails shortly after.

Look for the crazy Jeep girl in the white TJ! See ya out there Lorie

1. Lorie- I H8RDS- Friday
                            2. Bernie and Vanessa- Werubiblue06-Fri-
                            3. Brett & Buddies-YJKalamity- Fri-
                            4. Joey-JeepJoe22-
                            5. Skylar-Sat-
                            6. joesa1952-day run
                            7. Brandon and Britt & friends-
                            8. Josea1952's Friend- day run
                            9. Idriveoverstuff- Brandon and Savannah-Fri-
                            10. Jeepnavygirl-
                            11. brightsidememe-Sunday
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

I'll probably see you guys on the trail. Was planning for the last month on going to Calico this weekend but the people who were going with me can't make it now. Not gonna let that stop me from having some fun. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X