Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
    Bobby was wise enough to take my advice and do a bypass at the end of Hammerdown. He did great and used straps when he got too close to hitting a boulder. I think I was the only one to lose paint and that was because I didn't back up and then it was too late so I just torched the paint but you can do it , just winch and strap when you are close to hitting rocks. I had a water pump blow too but that was just bad timing I think.
    Haha I appreciate you pointing that out. Didn't realize that was the "new section" Seemed like the squeeze definetly would have been interesting getting through unscathed. That rock mike threw in may have helped but a winch and some lost paint seemed like the most probable outcome there. And a few more three point turns at the second part of the new section and I think I could have made it. I'm an optimist tho when it comes to choosing lines....usually just gets me in trouble.

The first section where it's tight then the three point was tough but I want to say having a wheel in the air with my ifs was my biggest hurdle. I put my driver side corner into that rock pretty good and used my new bumper/corner armor to save my butt. Tail light didn't crack which was nice although I did drag it. You guys correct me if I'm wrong but I think the JKU wheel base is even longer than mine..like a good ten inches. That and the solid front should make it a little easier, atleast keeping the body more level going through. Definitely a fun trail, best and most difficult I've done to date

Comment

I'm not sure either, but I think I'm a little longer. Once we have the sliders on we shall decide when we are coming out. I'm never against a strap or pulling line. 10 minutes of time is cheaper than the alternatives. Now to stay planting the seed in Kalah's head for us to camp in Big Bear for some John Bull and hammer down fun.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

What's the stock wheelbase of a 4 door JK? My 111" put put seems to really like both trails

Comment

I still think you need to bring this thing when you go wheelin with us.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
            I still think you need to bring this thing when you go wheelin with us.

She was so cute when she was little, with the retro whitewalls. I prefer driving the other one since it doesn't hurt my neck and shoulder as bad

Comment

I'm at 116 for wheelbase and an overall length of about 185. Least that's what I'm reading online...
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Yup that sounds right, mine is about 106 and same overall. I think you would be fine simply because of the solid front end. I was much more off camber than everyone else since one wheel was airborne and the other scratchin for traction. No front locker on mine either, just some computer ABS gizmo. If another run gets planned I'd love to go again.

Comment

It will indeed be interesting. Maybe I'll do a ride along or shoot video for Hammerdown to see it in person. If folks that have wheeled with me think it could be an issue dragging my limo through there; then I trust their judgment and will leave it parked.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                  X