Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Hammerdown & Around

We had another great run today at the CB's with about 7 vehicles. Hammerdown was a great trail as always.

The new trail exiting the canyon proved to be a good challenge for most. One section gave us a little trouble, but we all made it through OK.

Curtis was assisting the dislodging of one of the vehicles and ended up breaking a ring gear - one of these times he'll get to finish the whole Hard Rock trail.

Bobby in the FJ did a great job on all the obstacles, making It through Hammerdown w/o any damage - I think Bobby is the first FJ through the trail in the direction we went. :thumbs_up.

Thanks to all who came out - was a great day - the weather was good all day.

Oh BTW we almost lost Jesse in the yellow TJ - were it not for the quick reflexes of the spotter (me)(and Bobby) he would have definitely got the picture of the day - wheels up.

Last edited by mkjeepers; 05-04-13, 09:31 PM.

Last edited by mkjeepers; 05-04-13, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Great pics, and the trail looks like fun. Do you always detail your Jeep before you wheel?
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Looks like Y'all had fun.The turn going downhill at the trail extension is just a lil tricky of you are in the wrong spot other than that it's a fun lil thing

Comment

Great run as always Mike, yeah that finish to hammerdown got a little tricky for me, thanks Mike and Bobby for the save that would have been a bummer to roll it. Nice pictures Mike I took some Ill try and get them posted up... Cool to meet some new people as always too. See you guys next time...
          I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

Mike, Corkey and I had a great day. I am just sorry that my stuck got Curtis' front end broken. Looking forward to his determination of the break when he gets it taken apart.
            Rich

Comment

That one corner was a little tricky - by the time Curtis got there I think we finally found the right line. The trail is a fun addition to the HD trail.

Rich, glad to have you and Corkey join us.

Comment

Mike I had an awesome time. Thank a bunch to u and the whole MJR crew who helped me out in those tight spots. Gotta say the pics don't do this justice. I'd love to run it again with the FJ crew and see how much carnage we can create. some pics from my iPhone. Group was great, we rarely stopped for pics since everyone was just bashing through. Can't wait for the next rock bash...

Comment

Hey guys,
                  We had a great weekend. Curtis, my friend Art from up North, and I camped all weekend and ran Mottino Wash,Bullfrog, and Cakewalk too. Great trip and we all had our tough moments. I left some new red paint on the rocks. too. Thanks Mike for the trip to Hammerdown.

Comment

is this the new section? looks fun! Wish I could have made it!

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Nah, that's Motino, nice pics Y'all

I like the weird rock dance that's going on here

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/06/e7amy3uq.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                        is this the new section? looks fun! Wish I could have made it!

The new section starts with me standing on the Toyota's rock rail to the end of the set of pix.
                        Thanks for posting your pix guys.
                        So Bobby you want to inflict some damage on the FJC group - might be fun. I think you'll sell a few rear bumpers when your finished.

Comment

New section is where I dropped in when we did hammerdown the other way. I broke of the group and ran it the other way just for fun. You'll like it does a nice job of testing flex in a few places. The first time I did it you should have seen Curtis wheelly trying to clear the first waterfall in 3 wheel drive. That was just awesome.

Comment

Photobucket totally changed their format - wish they'd just leave it alone. This picture got messed up in the first set.

Don't try this at home

Comment

That's the trickiest part of the whole trail

Comment

Working...
                              X