Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
    Maybe it's tears of joy.
    Well, I think it is actually my water pump starting to fail but it was fun to get back out to the desert again.

Comment

Here is a couple of pictures of HD a couple of weeks before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	358275

Name:	img0845j.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	358276

Name:	IMG_0045.JPG
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	358277
      Attached Files
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Looks like the Social Climbers - does Ed still wheel with them? Has the Forest Green TJ.

Comment

He wasn't out there this time.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Some more pics from this run:

Last edited by Rock Dog; 05-08-13, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I have to ask... Do you all think my school bus would make it through here? I've got sliders in the works right now and am thinking that this would be the perfect place to test em out once they are welded up.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Might be a bit worse for wear, leave the doors and hardtop home for starters

Comment

We've had a few semi-stock 4doors go through some of the trails. Sliders for sure!!
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

The start of Hammerdown can be a bit tough on hardtops, so since your sweet wife doesn't like you scratching her Jeep see above. Other than that your JK should pretty much tackle every trail out at Cougar Buttes. Some of it is a bit rougher on the exterior that other trails, but they are all do able with your Jeep

Comment

I made it! You'll be fine.

Comment

I wonder how a 4 door would do on hammer down at those 3 large bolders right after you have to make a 3 point turn? That's a pretty tight turn there while you are on those bolders at a tippy angle
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          Might be a bit worse for wear, leave the doors and hardtop home for starters
                          I've got the top and doors off right now, don't plan to put on anything more than the 2 front doors (for highway driving) until Mid August.

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                          I wonder how a 4 door would do on hammer down at those 3 large bolders right after you have to make a 3 point turn? That's a pretty tight turn there while you are on those bolders at a tippy angle
                          That's the part that I'm most concerned with, I see how rough it is for the short wheel bases... I'm a bit longer and can't risk body damage.

Originally posted by Bobbynelson0730 View Post
                          I made it! You'll be fine.
                          If it were only that simple.
                          Last edited by TipsE-Z; 05-12-13, 02:13 AM.
                          USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                            I've got the top and doors off right now, don't plan to put on anything more than the 2 front doors (for highway driving) until Mid August.

That's the part that I'm most concerned with, I see how rough it is for the short wheel bases... I'm a bit longer and can't risk body damage.

If it were only that simple.
                            Bobby was wise enough to take my advice and do a bypass at the end of Hammerdown. He did great and used straps when he got too close to hitting a boulder. I think I was the only one to lose paint and that was because I didn't back up and then it was too late so I just torched the paint but you can do it , just winch and strap when you are close to hitting rocks. I had a water pump blow too but that was just bad timing I think.

Comment

We've had 4 doors through HD before - can't remember if there was any body damage - if there was it wasn't anything serious.

Last edited by mkjeepers; 05-12-13, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Hundy cruised right through it, granted the 39" tires didn't hurt for clearance

Comment

Working...
                                X