Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian

One way to beat the heat and get a little dirt in close to home without interfering with work hours is the 8th Annual Full Moon Night Run of the Miller Jeep Trail this Saturday night, the 31st with Trail Crew.
    You know, the guys we were running with at Rowhers when your TJ was stock and you were getting bitten by the "Dirt Bug"
    You're a night owl, I see those posts going up in the wee hours!
    Their meeting at the Flying J at 7pm and plan to be at the top of Alamo by midnight.
    The dark will throw a little challenge to your spotting, though the moon out here is pretty bright in my neck of the woods, don't know if you city folk can see that.
    Also some others are playing at BC109 off of Lockwood Valley road, about 15 minutes from the start of Lockwood Creek/Miller Jeep Trail.
    Have you been there? There are rocks, plenty of them.
    I could PM you the links to these if you don't already have them.
    Get out! Get out and wheel! now!
    If I didn't, I would have to throttle my boss, seriously!

Comment

I've got a work thing on saturday so I can't make the night run.

PM me about the BC109 thing, not sure I've ever been there.

As for Dusy or swamp/coyote.... If you guys can agree on a weekend for dusy, let's do it. If not... we can do coyote or swamp any weekend in august or september.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF
        Brian

One way to beat the heat and get a little dirt in close to home without interfering with work hours is the 8th Annual Full Moon Night Run of the Miller Jeep Trail this Saturday night, the 31st with Trail Crew.
        You know, the guys we were running with at Rowhers when your TJ was stock and you were getting bitten by the "Dirt Bug"
        You're a night owl, I see those posts going up in the wee hours!
        Their meeting at the Flying J at 7pm and plan to be at the top of Alamo by midnight.
        The dark will throw a little challenge to your spotting, though the moon out here is pretty bright in my neck of the woods, don't know if you city folk can see that.
        Also some others are playing at BC109 off of Lockwood Valley road, about 15 minutes from the start of Lockwood Creek/Miller Jeep Trail.
        I could PM you the links to these if you don't already have them.
        Get out! Get out and wheel! now!
        If I didn't, I would have to throttle my boss, seriously!
        Man if I had'nt planned to go to Big Bear this weekend I'd totally dig that run.
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

well as for a guy in a state with not to much to do and not knowing to many people round here that go wheelin i am very jealous of you all making me miss callifornia that much more hope to be able to come out there and go wheelin with some of you one day maybe next year i can take some vacation time and run out there, i got x-inlaws that i stay in contact with in barstow so who knows maybe i can get tjrubicon to come out also i know he ready to get out of this flat land do nothing state, maybe if nothing else ill move to attica and go every day wouldnt that be the life
          im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
          4 inch rough country lift
          35x12.5LT16's
          super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF
            Brian

!
            Robert, were is this BC109 you speak of? Would like to know. We are trying to hit the night run also.
            Chris L
            ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
            00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
            97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by 02wranglersport
              well as for a guy in a state with not to much to do and not knowing to many people round here that go wheelin i am very jealous of you all making me miss callifornia that much more hope to be able to come out there and go wheelin with some of you one day maybe next year i can take some vacation time and run out there, i got x-inlaws that i stay in contact with in barstow so who knows maybe i can get tjrubicon to come out also i know he ready to get out of this flat land do nothing state, maybe if nothing else ill move to attica and go every day wouldnt that be the life

off the topic of this thread: where is Tipton? i'm going to be visiting my grandparents for a week mid-august- they're in Bargersville, near Franklin. i've heard of Attica and the Badlands... but have no idea where they are anyone else up for an MJR midwest meet & greet?

back on topic: might run up miller sounds fun... depending on whether or not some engine parts get delivered today, i might be able to make it.

Chuck
              :hat:

Comment

tipton is just north of indianapolis about 45 miles, attica and the badlands are the same just incase you thought different. would be great to meat up and make a run
                04 Rubicon
                4.5" RE Super Flex
                1" BL
                CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                35" el cheapos
                Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                  anyone else up for an MJR midwest meet & greet?
                  woohoo!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

By "mid west" do you mean the 101 or clear on out to the 118?

Comment

i dont know where the 101 or the 118 are but i can say i do bet we are way out there farther. but if you all want to venture out this way we would more than happy to meet up and take a run
                      im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
                      4 inch rough country lift
                      35x12.5LT16's
                      super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                        off the topic of this thread: where is Tipton? i'm going to be visiting my grandparents for a week mid-august- they're in Bargersville, near Franklin. i've heard of Attica and the Badlands... but have no idea where they are
                        When you get to Indiana, check out www.badlandsoffroad.com to get directions. You'll probably have to use Yahoo maps to get there from where you're at. Thats what I did. Send me an email or post on here when you are here in IN (my email should be in my profile) and maybe we'll be able to set somethin up.
                        04 Rubicon
                        4.5" RE Super Flex
                        1" BL
                        CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                        Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                        35" el cheapos
                        Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Originally posted by tjrubicon
                          When you get to Indiana, check out www.badlandsoffroad.com to get directions. You'll probably have to use Yahoo maps to get there from where you're at. Thats what I did. Send me an email or post on here when you are here in IN (my email should be in my profile) and maybe we'll be able to set somethin up.
                          I didn't know they had so many big Jeeps in Indiana!! Their photo gallery however didn't seem to have any pics of the trails. Do you have any? What are they like?

My parents went to check out the park in IL near Chicago, and they were closing. They talked to the dude at the gate and he practically made fun of them for driving a Liberty. (They get points in my book for actually showing up!) He said there were only a few trails that their vehicle would be capable of, which seemed like the damn obvious. Anyway he asked them if they'd ever been wheeling before and they told him that their daughter had a Jeep, ran a website, was in Jeep Magazine, etc, and that she lived in the desert and they'd been out here several times.

He said, California? Desert? Oh there's nothing out there! Our trails are actually DIFFICULT, we created them ourselves. My Dad said that out west we all did rock crawling and junk, and he said, "there's no rocks out there!!" LOL - What a moron. They left all bent. Plus it was really expensive to get in there anyway.
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                            I didn't know they had so many big Jeeps in Indiana!! Their photo gallery however didn't seem to have any pics of the trails. Do you have any? What are they like?
                            I didn't know they had that many big Jeeps here either. I don't have very many, just what I posted in my trail run from last week (Badlands..IN...blahblah) I'm going to try to get some Sunday(tomorrow for me) They have the rock quary open this time, yay Meetin some members of an XJ club and goinn with them. Gotta get some time on rocks so when I make it out for one of your runs, I'll be able to hang with you guys. Off topic of this thread, I appologize.....but I must wheel soon too
                            04 Rubicon
                            4.5" RE Super Flex
                            1" BL
                            CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                            Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                            35" el cheapos
                            Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

id be up for your area, jeep is still down though,
                              I will be at the Lindy's next weekend, friday, saturday, sunday,
                              come on down.
                              Kirk
                              1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Dusy/Ershim Aug 12-15th is on

Hey Hey everybody,
                                Look @ my Dusy/Ershim trip cause it's on! Any of you who live by my motto of "Quit Yer' Job An' go Wheelin'!" gotta consider comming out for Dusy this month. We are gonna' have a blast and remember this when you whine about going...... :lightning

"A Jeep In The Garage Is Safe, But That's Not What Built Jeeps Are For"

So c'mon out and run yer' junk cause you're not gettin' any younger and life's too short to whine about work. And just think, The kids 'll have a great time with you outa the house ehh? Besides, I know some of you that were on the Rubicon Trail this summer are having withdrawl symptoms showing up for being back in civilization again. This is your perfect excuse....err-uhh.... chance to combat that horrible feeling!
                                Well, im off to start prepping my little Jeep cause I want everything to be ready to go. :thumbs_up

Rubicon Rick :shade:
                                " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
                                Rick W6RE

Comment

Working...
                                X