Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Lost Dog - North of Kramer Junction

My in-laws lost their dog today north of Kramer Junction. He was accidently pulled out of a Polaris Razr. He's a white Lab named Jack. He's a skiddish runner. I know it's a needle in a haystack, but he's in a bad spot. There are a few people out looking for him. We're headed out in the morning to help. If anybody happens to be out there and finds him, please PM me. If you want to help, PM me your number and the best time to reach you and I'll call back. It's south-east of Fremont Peak at the base of the mountain.
    GPS N 35 10.631 W 117 24.651.
    If you're so inclined, please pray for my in-laws and Jack.
    Last edited by 6spdYJ; 04-27-13, 04:48 PM.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Wow, what a bummer. Good luck on your search.

Comment

I spoke to Ted a few minutes ago. He has to work tonight. If the dog isn't found by morning, he will be going out to help search for the dog. I plan to meet him near the intersection of Fremont Peak Road and Hoffman Road at 8:30 am. Here are the directions to the meeting point that Ted gave me: From Kramer Junction, take US-395 north for 13.7 miles to Fremont Peak Road. Take Fremont Peak Road east for 13.2 miles to Hoffman Road. At each fork on Fremont Peak Road, stay right until you reach Hoffman Road. Ted will be on CB channel 4. He thinks that there is cell phone coverage in that area. Send him a PM and he will give you a phone number.
      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

Russ - friends like you are good to have. Good luck on the search.

Comment

Thanks Russ,
          Just got home. Won't have access. Thanks for relaying directions. The more the merrier. Will post if we find him. Please pray.
          -sons of thunder

Comment

I know how it feels having a dog disappear in the desert and it ain't fun. Good luck and I hope he is found unharmed.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

What a bummer! I don't want to state the obvious, but if you have any idea where he left the Jeep, look for tracks there. Some people never think to look for tracks. Wish I could be of more help. Praying for you all.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Good luck guys!!
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

We found him! The dog was thirsty but seems OK. Thanks for all of your prayers because it was a miracle that he was found; Ted heard barking, and then he used FRS radio to direct his owner to the area where he heard the barking. I measured the distance with my GPS from Ted's position to where the dog was found--it was a half mile. I consider that a miracle because if the wind was stronger or blowing in a different direction Ted wouldn't have heard the barking.
                  KI6MLU

Comment

Great job Guys!!
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

KI6MLU

Comment

This is a great story with a happy ending. The owners probably aged a little over the last day, but that looks like a happy dog in the pic above.

Comment

Awesome! thank God for answered prayer! Great job, guys! That about makes my day!

I have used my daily quota of exclamation marks. :homer:

Great looking, dog, BTW.
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

Well, Russ beat me to it. Thanks for all the prayer.
                            By the time we got there, Russ was already half-way up the mountain on foot, carrying Ziggy. He was waaaay up there, just cruising along like nothing. My daughter and I took my sister-in-law around the side of the mountain and started to climb. The girls turned back down to wait by the Razr. I wasn't even half as high as Russ was when I heard a dog bark. It was weird. Nobody in the valley heard him, but I heard him loud and clear. I used the radio that Russ let us use to direct my in-laws to a hilltop across the valley floor - apparently half a mile away. Their buddy also had a Razr and had been running trails looking for him. Long story short, their friend went to the top of the hill in the direction I heard the barking from. There was Jack, with his leash bound up between a rock and a bush. Had the breeze been anything other than what it was, there's no way he would have been heard. Check the coordinates on google earth and then look at the color of Jack. Miracle is the only word. Of course my cell reception stopped as soon as I got there, so without those radios to guide everyone in, this may not have ended so well.
                            On a side note - they had to put down their other yellow Lab just last week.
                            Thank you so much Russ. You have the thanks, admiration and respect of our family. You are such an incredible person to go so far out of your way for absolute strangers. This could not have happened without you being there.
                            -sons of thunder

Comment

I am so happy you found the dog. Sorry I coundn't do more than just send positve thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X