Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome. I love hearing stories like this when people get together to help each other. It's a rare event these days.
    Check out .

Comment

Good work everyone! I love a happy ending!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Here's a Google Map view of where the dog was lost, where he was found, and where Ted was located when he heard the dog barking.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...20241,0.032272
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

Thanks for putting this up Russ. I'm still running it through my mind. Had any one of us not been exactly where we were, when we were, I don't think we would have found him. If he had been down in the brush I doubt his bark would have carried on that light breeze. If he was on the other side of that knoll, we wouldn't have heard him either. Did you hear him up where you were?
          I should be getting a pic of him where he was caught up. I'll post it when I get it.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

Amazing you found him. He was heading south, interesting.
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jack 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	358269Click image for larger version

Name:	Jack 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	358270
              It's a good thing he barked. The ground was so rocky that there would be no chance of finding a footprint. His leash was caught between a rock and a bush. Had we not found him, this is where he would have died. The pic with the family around him looks like he's on level ground. He was actually right on the edge of the hilltop. Just past the rock is where the hillside went down. Russ and I went that way to get down. It was steep, loose rock and slightly off camber. The kid was freaked, but learned a bit about what Jeeps are capable of.
              -sons of thunder

Comment

I have tingles! So glad to hear you found him!

Thankyou Russ and everyone that helped out

Tam
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                  I have tingles! So glad to hear you found him!

Thankyou Russ and everyone that helped out

Tam
                  +1 from one dog lover to the rest.

This is no doubt, the feel good story of the month !

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                    Thanks for putting this up Russ. I'm still running it through my mind. Had any one of us not been exactly where we were, when we were, I don't think we would have found him. If he had been down in the brush I doubt his bark would have carried on that light breeze. If he was on the other side of that knoll, we wouldn't have heard him either. Did you hear him up where you were?
                    I should be getting a pic of him where he was caught up. I'll post it when I get it.
                    No I never heard his barking from where I was located. When you said over the radio that you heard barking, I was in a draw on the mountain a couple hundred yards north of you; a ridgeline separated my location from the dog's location. From your description over the radio, I thought the dog was between you and me. I scrambled up to the ridgeline, but it was windy up there; I could not hear anything except wind noise. I was astounded when I realized that the dog was south of us, how far away he was and that you heard his barking from your location.
                    Last edited by Russ Chung; 04-29-13, 11:02 AM.
                    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                    KI6MLU

Comment

awesome story

Comment

amazing! This is the type of stuff that happens in movies, the feel-good plot ending. haha!
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Russ Chung, going out of your way like that to help Ted and his family when you didn't even know them was a heck of a solid thing to do. Hats off to you. :beer:
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

x2! Can't thank you enough Russ.
                            Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                            Russ Chung, going out of your way like that to help Ted and his family when you didn't even know them was a heck of a solid thing to do. Hats off to you. :beer:
                            -sons of thunder

Comment

The moral of the story is to leave the dog at home. I know my mutts would love a romp in the desert, but I care about them to much to see them get lost, starve or get torn to shreds by Coyotes. It isn't worth the risk in my book

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                                x2! Can't thank you enough Russ.
                                I just noticed your signature- God forgives, rocks don't
                                -sons of thunder..... odd, don't you think, a rock was involved.... SOOooOoo HAppy he is safe and all you AWESOME PEOPLE did what it took to bring him home to his Family !! the dog deserves a steak dinner with all his rescuers !
                                God Bless all of you !
                                P.S. They make seat belt for dogs that attach to the already install seat belts
                                and they work GREAT !

Comment

Working...
                                X