Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russ,

As usual, an awesome trip write and great pictures. I loved going to most of those places that you wrote about and saw. Very good memories. Thats for the cool write up.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by DaK View Post
      Thanks for sharing.

Am wondering about Fish Canyon. How long did it take you to get through that portion of the run? The California Trails book I have rates that as a black diamond and states it takes several hrs to get through. Doesn't look anymore than a fire road to me.
      A one-way trip took us about two hours from the east trailhead (at the south end of the Panamint Valley) to get to pavement near Trona. If you started in Trona, took the trail to the Panamint Valley end, then returned via Ballarat and the highway, I would think that the loop would take a total of three hours. The trail is rocky but easy; a stock SUV could do it.
      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

Great pics and report Russ! It's been several years since I've been to Cerro Gordo - had heard there were some changes, glad you got in and got to check it out.

Comment

Awesome report. Love these kind of trips.
          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Russ- What a great trip report and photos, thanks for posting.

Comment

Russ, this is a terrific trip report. Awesome photos. I have never seen some of those mines before!
              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Thanks so much for the wonderful trip report Russ! I thoroughly enjoyed it!
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                X