Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Hammer/Rock Trail - May 4

Since time is running out for desert wheelin - I'd like to get another run in at the CB's before it gets too hot.

I think it would be fun to run the Hammerdown trail and exit the canyon with the "S" turn bypass. Curtis has been wanting to run this new canyon for a while - I walked it and it looks pretty cool. It's a new type of challenge for the CB's.

From there maybe run some of the highlights of the Hard Rock trail.

Sat May 4th
    9:00 am
    Camp Rock Rd & 247
    CB Channel 25

Minimum requirements - 33's and lockers.
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-22-13, 08:27 PM.

Did the bypass thingy both ways, is fun

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
      Since time is running out for desert wheelin - I'd like to get another run in at the CB's before it gets too hot.

I think it would be fun to run the Hammerdown trail and exit the canyon with the "S" turn bypass. Curtis has been wanting to run this new canyon for a while - I walked it and it looks pretty cool. It's a new type of challenge for the CB's.

From there maybe run some of the highlights of the Hard Rock trail.

Sat May 4th
      9:00 am
      Camp Rock Rd & 247

Minimum requirements - 33's and lockers.
      I want to bring my RV out there that Friday. What is the best way to to get to a good flat spot from the dirt road at the end of Camp Rock. I know to go up that road but not sure when I turn in to get to a good camp spot by the boulders.
      Thanks, Kevin

Comment

Take the road just past the pistachio farm.
        Then head for the rocks

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Take the road just past the pistachio farm.
          Then head for the rocks
          So I take camp rock road and turn right the big dirt road at the end and then turn right at the dirt road past a pistachio farm. I just don't want to get stuck in the soft sand.

Comment

Camprock road just past the pistachio farm, then right on the dirt road and follow it. If by the odd change you get stuck unhook the Jeep and give it the motorhome a tug . You could also go a bit further and turn on the powerline road and then make a right towards the rocks

Comment

Either way - the road after the Pistachio farm is Cambria Rd and motorhomes go up that frequently. Another option is to take the road at the P tree farm and go to the end. We usually meet at the end of the road there at the rock piles.

Comment

Either way - the road after the Pistachio farm is Cambria Rd and motorhomes go up that frequently. Another option is to take the road at the P tree farm and go to the end. We usually meet at the end of the road there at the rock piles.
                Thanks guys, look forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                  Thanks guys, look forward to it.
                  Most any of the roads leading into the rocks are easily driveable in a motorhome.

Comment

Most any of the roads leading into the rocks are easily driveable in a motorhome.
                    Cool,
                    I just know some have soft sand so I will try the Cambria One. I may try Mottino Wash that night too or early Sunday. If anyone else is coming out with an RV on that Friday let me know.

Comment

I won't be able to make this one :-( Have to work for the next few weekends.

HAVE FUN!
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I'm in for this. Kevin will check to see if the boss will let me come out on friday.
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                          I'm in for this. Kevin will check to see if the boss will let me come out on friday.
                          I have a boss too but she likes to get rid of me.

Comment

Well I'm sure its going to be hot but Id hate to miss a day at CB....Im in.
                            I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DzrtRat View Post
                              Well I'm sure its going to be hot but Id hate to miss a day at CB....Im in.
                              Cool - you know I was out there on monday and the weather was prerfect. Hoping it will hold out another week or so. In the mountains it's been real cold and today it's foggy. Look forward to some warm weather.

I think everyone will like the "S" turn bypass - if anyone is intimidated by Hammerdown you can bypass and meet at the "S" turn - just an option.

By having the lines down, H/D isn't all that hard.
                              Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-24-13, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X