Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Weekend in Tucson

How about a weekend of Jeeping in Tucson?

Tucson has a great selection of trails from mild to you-must-be-kidding and most are less than 1hr from the camp site.

Let me know if you want more info.

Chris L.

The Tucson Roughriders, Inc., is proud to announce our eleventh annual

Trail Dust Days

Friday, October 1 through Sunday, October 3, 2004

Runs * Raffle * Poker Run * Camping * Brain-buster Trivia * Games

Raffle Grand Prize: Winch Donated by Crossed Up! Off road

Join us for a weekend of 4-WD fun and games at Catalina State Park, in Tucson, AZ. There will be day and night runs on Friday, several day runs on Saturday, a catered dinner Saturday evening, a poker rally Saturday night and a raffle Sunday morning. Space is limited on the difficult runs and are filled first-come, first-served, so arrive early! Registration opens at 5pm Thursday (9/30). Vehicles must be prepared with safety as well as the off-pavement equipment indicated for each run.
    Please proceed to Vehicle Tech. Inspection after registering. Vehicle suitability is at the discretion of the trip leader. We will be camping in the Group Use area at the park. There is room for motor homes, trailers and tents. The park currently charges a $12/night camping fee or a $6/day day use fee. Several motels are located within five miles of the park. This event is sanctioned by the Arizona State Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs.

Registration is $40 per vehicle until September 1, then $45 until registration deadline on September 22. You can still register after September 22, but we cannot guarantee T-shirts and dinners. Fee includes registration for one vehicle, Saturday dinner for two adults and a dash plaque and is refundable up to September 15. T-shirts and additional dinners may be purchased below. Make checks payable to Tucson Rough Riders, Inc. and mail with registration form to:

Tucson Rough Riders, Inc.
    5173 N. Calle Bosque
    Tucson, AZ 85718
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Crud. That's the same weekend as the Johnson Valley event. Is this the same event you were talking to us about or is there another? Maybe we can hit up something more north if so, (read: not more than 6 hours away LOL)
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

what Johnson Valley event??? :confused:
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Unfortunately, I am scheduled to work that weekend.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

This JV event: Event near JV
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Tukson

Just a reminder,

Anybody able to make it?

It would be good to see you :yay: ...aakkk, can't believe I said that.

Cheers

Chris L.
            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Look on here for the announcement I made about 2-3 months ago. Morongo Basin Sheriff Search & Rescue Poker Fun Run Oct. 1-3rd. 4,000+ people go or are involved every year so that is why the organizers of the Off Road Expo have changed their dates for this years expo because last year it conflicted with the run.
              For more information visit :

http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/s...218/Desrun.htm

This has been an annual event in Southern California for 25 years growing every time. Perfect for the whole family including the kids but with plenty of fun for the adults. This event is held at SOGGY DRY LAKE BED near the Johnson Hammer trails off of Bessimer Mine Road.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion,
              Rubicon Rick

Originally posted by blkTJ
              what Johnson Valley event??? :confused:
              " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
              Rick W6RE

Comment

Rick tore apart his Jeep, so we're out
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                X