Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those guys are smoking it out there. It's a hole new kind of race out there.
    Last edited by curtis; 02-06-13, 06:02 PM.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

It was windy working the gate all night and I'll be back out there about 10:30 tonight. We had a nice campfire and stent structure to keep us reasonably comfortable.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Savvy in the lead. lap 1
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Gigglepin a LAND ROVER WINS.

Comment

SAVVY WINS land Rover DQed.

Comment

Where did you get this information?
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

It was on ultra4 racing. My bad if it is wrong! but it was steering and tires.
                Last edited by curtis; 02-07-13, 07:08 PM.

Comment

From what Ive read, Team Gigglepin was only running the race "for the fun of it." They already have a spot in tomorrows race, so didnt need to run EMC to get in. Dave Cole told them they could run the race knowing about the hydraulic steering (but not the tires), and said it would only be an issue if they won. They knew crossing the finishline that they would have to concede.

Now, Chris says Im out of line saying this...but Im bummed for John and Gerald, who ran an awesome race, and would have probably driven differently and maybe not have taken that alternate line on the sand hill if not to save some time. I cant imagine the stress they were under while watching Team Gigglepin pass them. Not only that, but the taste of sweet victory and crossing over the finishline was taken from them.
                  Last edited by JeepGal; 02-07-13, 09:58 PM.
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I feel the same way, and so do others. I was following the live video and chat as much as I could today, and there were a few folks that expressed the same thing. While some may think it's not a big deal, it definitely had to change how John and Gerald drove the end of the race knowing how close the other car was. Don't forget, by winning their class they get to race tomorrow, so that's unnecessary wear that they put on their rig because they possibly pushed it harder than they would have if they'd had a bigger lead. Either way, congrats to them on stepping up a class and still blowing everyone out of the water.
                    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Talked to John Currie and Gerald and they were down right happy with their win, no sour grapes that I could tell

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                        Dave Cole told them they could run the race knowing about the hydraulic steering (but not the tires), and said it would only be an issue if they won.
                        This is the same Dave Cole that allowed Shannon Campbell to run a few years ago after he was DQd and Shannon put other folks out of the race along the way.

I worked with Dino last year at road crossing #1 and found out just how big an idiot Dave Cole is. It was unbelievably lucky that we didn't have a major accident at the road crossing. The dust had created less than 50' of visibility and we couldn't see the racers coming. We had to go into Hammertown and buy radios and put people out along the race course to call in the racers from a mile out.
                        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Nice long week on the lakebed. Even got to help out with aw12345 at main pit for team Redlyner!

We had a tough day just 20 miles into the race. I ended up running back to main pit from rm48 to get parts. A broken rear spindle took us out of the race... bummer. We really put a lot of time into getting this car ready. I guess thats part of racing...
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

You know how it goes, shit happens. We headed out and fixed the mall crawler just before dark.
                            However he forgot to take the keys out of his racing suit. So we had to get back in the dark and then tried to find out way back to it when it was pitch black that was interesting, a lot of desert looks just the same when it's pitch black around you and you cannot see different mountains around you. Have to start guessing where your trails are. Was pretty cool, to me that was the most fun all week.
                            Was fun BSing with you guys at the pit

Comment

Koh drone

Any body see the drone? http://s120.beta.photobucket.com/use..._6717.mp4.html
                              This footage was taken at Back Door on Friday a drone also showed up later at Chocolate Thunder... Small camera on the bottom no noticeable ordinances... maybe just getting some great overhead shots of KOH...

"The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack." - A senior police source
                              source:http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...lled-policeman
                              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Looks an awful lot like the quadracoptors used to film things all the time, but with 6 rotors instead of 4:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBom3iijySQ

Maybe the extra rotors are because of the possible wind and weather out there?
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X