Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for a day run next week? 21st- sometime?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That might have been the exit I crossed under, either that one or the next one.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Baseline works also, but is kinda confusing. So Foothill is a better choice

Comment

Baseline didn't work for me last saturday, the north onramp was blocked off. Even though there was a sign that said 15 North Detour pointing that direction, haha
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

I'll leave my house at 0530 so I can have some extra lost time.
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Probably not a bad idea.

"To get there early is on time, and showin' up on time is late" </megadeth>

Comment

Do one of you guys going want to give me your number..so in case I find trouble and am going to be late, I can call?
              Jeep Girl

Comment

I would, but don't own a cell phone, what to say, I am old fashioned lol

Comment

If you want to skip all that construction at the 210/15 junction, you could probably just go another 5-7 miles farther east on the 210 (instead of getting off on the 15) and take the 215 north, which merges with the 15. I've never done that, but looking at the map it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    I would, but don't own a cell phone, what to say, I am old fashioned lol
                    Holy Moly..and I thought I was bad still owning a flip phone. An iphone is almost double the bill..forget that!

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                    If you want to skip all that construction at the 210/15 junction, you could probably just go another 5-7 miles farther east on the 210 (instead of getting off on the 15) and take the 215 north, which merges with the 15. I've never done that, but looking at the map it shouldn't be a problem.
                    Holy cow. Well, I may have a couple other rigs with me..they live out that way..hopefully they can make it and I can just follow them in
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

if you live near the 126, you could run it to 5 south to the 14 north, to 138 east to Victorville, to 15 south to bear valley east out to Lucerne. That way you would avoid all the traffic trying to get into Pasadena, which can be a mess. Kevin.

Comment

Hey Kevin..I was actually thinking about going that way. But wouldn't I go north once I hit the 15?

I just had an alarm installed in my Jeep. They rigged it so it has an automatic kill switch after I turn it off. That's all fine and dandy until I'm crawling rocks. Sometmes I stall b/c it's a 4 banger with stock TC and 4.56 gearing. If she stalls, I'll have to hit my alarm to unlock it to start it..not exactly something I want to worry about wheeling. I'm going to go talk to them about it today. If they can't redo it, I may pass on this run until they can.
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                          Hey Kevin..I was actually thinking about going that way. But wouldn't I go north once I hit the 15?

I just had an alarm installed in my Jeep. They rigged it so it has an automatic kill switch after I turn it off. That's all fine and dandy until I'm crawling rocks. Sometmes I stall b/c it's a 4 banger with stock TC and 4.56 gearing. If she stalls, I'll have to hit my alarm to unlock it to start it..not exactly something I want to worry about wheeling. I'm going to go talk to them about it today. If they can't redo it, I may pass on this run until they can.
                          No you would go south a couple of miles to Bear Valley east. You may hit a little traffic around Castaic but after that it should be smooth sailing. Once on 138 you'll see a split off for Victorville, it will run you right into the 15 south to Bear Valley. Gas is no problem, you can get fuel in Lucerne.
                          Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 01-20-13, 06:47 AM.

Comment

OK, thanks for the info!
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                              No you would go south a couple of miles to Bear Valley east. You may hit a little traffic around Castaic but after that it should be smooth sailing. Once on 138 you'll see a split off for Victorville, it will run you right into the 15 south to Bear Valley. Gas is no problem, you can get fuel in Lucerne.
                              This is WRONG.

Hwy 138 is SOUTH of Bear Valley Road. She would need to go NORTH on 15 from 138 to get to Bear Valley Road.

Looks to me like you meant for her to take 138 to 18 and then when 18 hits 15 to go south to Bear Valley Road. Correct?
                              Last edited by rkwfxd; 01-20-13, 09:05 AM.

Comment

It's strange, the 15 north is NOT blocked. It's only the on-ramps that are blocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X