Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were running Hammerdown on Thur afternoon. One of our guys broke his new 300M rear driver side axle. It is a full float Dana 60, but with Dana 44 outer hubs with 27 spline. When the shaft went it appears it took the Detroit.....at least when we pulled the cover off a bunch of little pieces were there. We just put the cover back on. It was an amazingly clean break. It was also croyoed. He is going to have a discussion with the maker tomorrow. This is in a YJ with a four cylinder. He did not even get to a hard part.
    Rich

Comment

I fared pretty well! I left some paint on a big rock from my slider and flat fender! Nothing a rattle can can't fix! What I really love is that there are so many talented guys in MJR that can seem to be able to fix anything at least good enough to get off the trail. No one got impatient with taking time to make trail repairs.

I had a great time and thanks to you all and especially Chuck & Randy for making it a great weekend holiday of wheeling.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Here's a few of our pictures from the day....

Regards,
        Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

This thread just confirmed that I shall never run a Hammer trail... Looks like a rough day. Glad to hear everyone made it out, even if in pieces.
          USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
          X