Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 30-Aug 1 Big Bear

Tent Peg is once again reserved, I've got a number of people planning to camp, can probably fit a few more in, and anyone is welcome to come wheel for the day. Friday I'll arrive, do a night run if there's interest. Saturday is a work day on White Mountain, not much work to do though, most likely just pick up trash if there's any. Hopefully John Bull after that? Sunday COULD be Deep Creek, I'd like to go up and down the waterfall, rather then just down. Big BBQ Saturday night, if you partake I'd like for you to donate to the food fund, I'll get more details as it comes, hopefully next week, start putting together a list of people coming and all that...
    If it works, it's time to try something new

I'll say maybe.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I don't think we have anything going on that weekend, maybe we'll show up for the day run.
      :shades:
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

My little Jeep can't play there yet. Have fun be safe.
        *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
        Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
        Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Originally posted by CMeTopless818
          My little Jeep can't play there yet. Have fun be safe.

This place tuff or something? :confused:
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Did Dishpan Springs/Deep Creek open?
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
              Did Dishpan Springs/Deep Creek open?
              Not yet - early 2005 is what the prognosis is.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I am new to MJR but would like to do the day trip. I have a 2004 stock liberty do you think i would have trouble with this trail?
                __________________________________________________ __

Michael
                93 Cherokee ^ 4.5 Rusty's full suspension lift
                ^ Dick Cepeck FCII 31's ^ Much more to come

Comment

Depending on which trail runs they or we do, yes you will have trouble. You can always ride along the first time and check out the trails though -- and you will have fun in your Jeep on the forest roads and the easier trails, there is alot of geocaching in dem der hills too

I'm sure as the time draws near the schedule and difficulty of runs will become more definite.
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I just got back from 4 days in Big Bear today.

Dishpan is still closed.

White Mountain was plenty clean.

John Bull was easy, lots of trail building has been done.

Holcomb was easy, lots of trail building has been done.

The trails need a really really good downpour to get all the silt out from tweenst the rocks and putsome difficulty back in.

Nobody and I mean nobody was there. We saw 10 other Jeeps, 10 JEEPS! 2 seperate groups of 5. I remember waiting 4 hours to hit Dishpan and 3 hours to do John Bull. That was only 3 years ago. Where have all the Jeepers gone. We were the only people in our entire camp site (Crab Flats) after Sunday.

ImBeamer I have wheeled with a stock Liberty and you should not try theses trails without some basic mods, like your front swaybar and better tires. We couldn't even get one to the entrance to split rock in Anza.

I may be interested in this trip as my son and I were either going this weekend or the next for a few days.

Sorry about jacking your thread.
                    Sean M Higgins

"We all got it coming kid"

Comment

haha no problem

we're involved with the OHV volunteers, so we may get access again to Deep Creek. It's up in the air, and I'd have to discuss it with Greg. besides us, the Dirt Devils recently ran the trail and did a bit of maintenance so I don't think it really needs another group going through it. i like both sides of holcomb but i can't stand the middle part with the drop offs and off camber trail...get's unnerving after awhile we may do that though, i've got to pull out my map and make plans.

thanks for the interest, i'll post again soon.
                      If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

I might be interested in this trip. I got back from Big Bear about 6 hours ago. We were up there from Friday until today.

Not crowded at all, ran into TommyJeep and some other Jeepaholics and maybe 2 other groups over the course of 2 days.

As mentioned the trails aren't that bad at all. One vehicle in our group was a 2001 Grand Cherokee, 100% stock. He did Holcomb with us and suffered ZERO damage. He did however, require alot of spotting through the rock garden areas.

John Bull....well we had next to no problems there except on Saturday when the trail was blocked by 2 Hummers (H1's). One was broke, the other got stuck trying to get the broke one out. Ran it this morning and no one else was around.

Great fun, weather was nice, but the dust got old fast that place needs RAIN!
                        Last edited by PondScum; 07-19-04, 06:23 PM.
                        [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
                        AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
                        15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
                        33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
                        FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
                        Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
                        RE Hand Throttle
                        Optima Red Top
                        K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

I too am new to MJR.... Depending on the Cash Flow, I think i may go up for atleast one day....
                          I just went a few weeks ago for my first time and I am pretty Hooked now!
                          Supe
                          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I might be able to come up for the day on Saturday.

I have heard a lot of different things about Big Bear from easy to killer. Any problems with a stock 98 TJ Sport?
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I went up there a few weeks ago and one of the guys in the group had a near stock TJ and made it through John Bull and Holcomb Valley, I think he was running 31's, no lockers, Maybe disconects. I pulled him out once. I have only been up once, but it seems that everyone is saying that the trails are pretty easy right now.
                              Supe
                              97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                              Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Working...
                              X