Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll figure it out, no problem. I usually take new the rear to help out the stock vehicles, but I can go where ever this time, doesn't sound like we have any stock vehicles going.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

A friend of mine in a stock 2dr JK rubi might be joining us. Does anyone have a spare CB setup that they might lend him for the trip? If not, I'll just give him a walkie and communicate with him that way, since he doesn't have a whole lot of wheeling experience, want to make sure he doesn't follow me somewhere he might not want to
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Originally posted by clg82 View Post
        for everyone that will be joining us that isn't on Jeepforum.com we will be on channel 6 on the CB.....looks like you know the way, i can lead on the last chance canyon trail....than maybe right before nightmare gulch we can stop for some lunch and i can let you take us to nightmare.....if that's ok with you.

Not a problem. As for the stock rigs, we have guys through here all the time with us in stock Rubi's, sports and sahara's.

Comment

Yea I've seen stock vehicles go through there, if you don't hit any obstacles, pretty much any vehicle with a bit of clearance could make it I think. 4wd probably not even needed.

Comment

Gonna be an epic run.. looks I will be bringing a total of 5 rigs firm this morning with a possibility of a 6th.

See ya in a bit.

Comment

Wow, nice See ya soon!

Comment

I must say, it was a very fun outing! :-) We had 16 vehicles. 14 jeeps, an exterra and an FJ40. I don't think I've wheeled with a group this large before, but we made really good time, everyone was a great driver, and folks helped out spotting when needed :-) No winching, but a few tugs here and there.

Not much damage to speak of, aside from the usual underside scrapes and dents. One fella popped a bead on his tire, there was a license plate holder that probably needs to be removed, and Gary broheim probably needs a new oil pan and a SKID for that new pan Oh and I got a small rip in my soft top (who cares, not me! haha). No biggie, all around.

I didn't take any photos this time, my passenger did though, I'll post up the link when ever he sends it to me.

Good times everyone, nice to meet familiar faces again, and new ones. :-)
                Last edited by daniel_buck; 10-20-12, 09:27 PM.

Comment

A couple of Videos. First one is Clg82 and the second is Mpond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpCrcvV5GtU&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT7zHBn3TaY&sns=em

Comment

Oh that was such a blast... Thanks for coming out, it was a great time.

Need to pick up a can starter fluid. That was awesome.

Comment

Kathy & I didn't know until the very last minute if we would be able to attend with "Boundless the LJ", so I wasn't able to insert myself into the pre-run banter on MJR...sorry! That was a fun group and a great day, and we're so happy that we could make it and meet some of you knuckleheads!

The starting fluid trick is always a great form of amusement. There was a little trouble with the effort yesterday, as the tire bead was against the part of the inner rim, and there wasn't a clear path for ignition of the combustible mixture inside the tire. I hadn't come across that issue before, but in hindsight I think that next time I'll remove the valve stem core and use the valve stem itself as the path to ignite the mixture inside the tire. But kicking the sidewall did the trick yesterday, just a bit inelegantly.

Kudos to Stan for tenaciously attacking that obstacle right up until he popped the tire bead! That nearly eclipsed the old FJ's valiant V-notch adventure. I'm not certain if either of those two antics were heroic, or plain stupid, but both were entertaining to be certain!!

BB

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnbwRH8PW04&sns=em

Comment

http://youtu.be/YnsCdnHpm7o

Comment

Hey Great run and good time cool to meet some of you guys and look forward to next Run.

sj

Comment

Im going to go with Heroicly Stupid and a damn good time!!

i was suprised what the FJ could do. That was my first time taking it off road. I just got it a few weeks ago.

Comment

It was nice to see that on the trail! :-) I'm hoping to have my 46 ready to hit trails soon, we should run them together :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X