Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are 2x3x3/16 and across the back. The angled ones are 2x4x3/16 with pie cut to go from 4" to 3". Kurt do you have some measurements ?
    Last edited by flatout; 10-01-12, 09:08 PM.
    You can make it

Comment

Hey Fred, great work on the back half and everything else. Your jeep is beautiful.

Presently finishing up my back half. I seriously considered going the route you went all the way to the 2x2" bumper, but for several reasons I went straight back and high outboard of the tub with 2x3" and a 2"x4" bumper at 45*. I'm happy with the way it's coming together, but I do envy the additional outboard room you bought yourself.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

One of the reasons for doing this was to let me remove the wheel spacers when running the 37s. The other was to get the rear of the tire past the bumper. No more bumper dragging off rocks. Was thinking of using 2x4 for bumper but it hung down to much for me.
        You can make it

Comment

My jeep is sitting at about 105" right now, so even the 35s stick out past the rear of the frame. Even more importantly, I have a driveshaft angle I can live with. I didn't want the stock frame rails hanging down and screwing up my axle up-travel, and I don't like my bumper dragging on everything either, so I boat-tailed it. I went with the 2x4 so I could french in a 2" receiver hitch tube (2-9/16" outside dim). The jeep can be a handy little workhorse and I want to keep it that way. Also the 2x4 was laying around :redneck:. I had to drop down some for the "bumper" to clear the bottom of the tub, so I mitered the 2x3 to 3" of 2x4 at 45*. Those 3" 2x4s butt up to the 2x4 bumper at 90*. The bumper is at 45* relative to the frame rails, so it makes a boat-tail profile at the back. I guess I should have just posted a picture, huh? :bonk:
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Looking great... functional and clean!

Comment

Working...
            X