Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the pictures Mike. Good heads up about the old toll road out of Darwin, I want to check that out, maybe.

Last year coming home from DV with by brohter we decided to drive into Darwin for a quick look-see. Driving down the main road into Darwin about half way there was a car with an older guy in it facing up the road. He was watching us intently and as we passed he gave us a wave. I watched him in my rear view mirror and he flipped a u turn and pulled over to the other side of the road, facing our direction. Thought it odd.

Like everyone else we felt like intruders as we drove around "town", we got hard stares no returned waves. We were going to eat our lunch in town but were too creeped out so we headed back up the road and pulled off a couple miles out and broke out the sandwiches. A few minutes later the road greeter comes driving by, waves and pulls to the side a couple hundred feet away and watches us in his rear view mirror.

I bet there is some really strange stuff going on in that place, like government experiments on aliens.

Mike
    "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
      I bet there is some really strange stuff going on in that place, like government experiments on aliens.

Mike
      Like this:

What the heck is Maws Gate, and an alien aircraft?

2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post

Mike
        It' hard to say what some might be thinking.
        Last edited by mkjeepers; 09-27-12, 10:13 PM.

Comment

That is why I just admire the town of Darwin as I drive thru. I really want to get up to Cerro Gordo sometime within the next year. It looks like a really cool place to see and I want to talk to the caretaker and see what kind of cool history he can share. I always enjoy talking to people who can tell you stories and give you info that you can't necessarily read in a history book.

Comment

Working...
          X