Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shake down run (AZ)

Goin' to test out a few new parts on July 17th.

Meeting time is stupid early at the Cottonwood Canyon staging area between Florence and Florence Junction. The plan is for a short run up either Upper Woodpecker, or Upper Ajax. It will probably be woodpecker, because it is closer to the main road, and it will be easier for me to limp back to the road if something doesn't work right. Everyone is welcome to come, just please be prepared for the trail. We want to be back on the pavement by 9:30 or so.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

^^BUMP^^

I know there are a couple of Tucson guys here besides me (Aston, Drew, ArizonaTJ). Now's your chance!

Meeting at the Cottonwood staging area, 6:00am. Im leaving Tucson about 4:30am. Summer wheeling doesn't get any better than this! It will be a all jeep + one FJ40. 33" is the smallest tire you will see, so we won't be wasting much time. Just plenty of crawlin'....

First Upper Woodpecker, then possibly upper ajax, depending on time.

So c'mon!!!! Lets go wheelin!

KG6OWO

Comment

woody

Thanks for the invite, I can't make Saturday unfortunately. Upper Woody is one of my favorite runs as well.

I am meeting some friends for a run on Sunday 07/18. We may do Hackberry Creek. You are welcome to join us.

Cheers for now

Chris L.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

It was a nice, early, quiet run. There were only 2 of us, me and a 'waggy on 35's. We made quick work of Upper Woodpecker, then stopped at Lower Woodpecker to play around a little. Things didnt' go so well there. I got off my line a little while coming off of a 20' high boulder and had to back up while I had one front tire hanging in the air...this didn't work to well, and the jeep stood up on it's nose and tried to roll over into the rock on the right side. We got it stopped before anything too aweful happened to it, but the boulder took a bite out of the right corner before I got it back to the flat ground. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has any decent pics of it. They were all to busy hanging on to the back of the jeep. By 10:00am, we were headed down the road back to the staging area, and I was home by 12:30. All told, the only damage we have found so far is the quarter on my jeep, and the alignment on both mine, and John's waggy is out.

KG6OWO

Comment

sounded like a fun morning Bri. What do you think is "out" about your alignment? I usually just get outa balance tires from them spinning on the rims. oh yeah, take it easy on them tires will ya!!! :yay:
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I checked the alignment this morning. The toe was out....as in, I didnt' have any toe-in, I had toe-out....1/4" worth! I'm not sure how I pulled that one off, but I brought it back to 1/8" in, just need to re-center the steering wheel now. I didn't find too much more damage either. The front bumper was tweaked a little, and the skids have some fresh marks, but nothing too aweful. But after the near-miss, I will be adding a roll cage very soon. A roll cage, a different front diff guard (one that doesn't get whacked by the currie steering parts), and some steel corners.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
            X