Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: dishpan :-(

Well tryied to go up dp springs today from deep creek, didnt make it in my stocker! That trail sure was alot easier 5 years ago with a stock open diff 4x4! Guess times have changed. I was pretty bumbed out. So we wnt around and went to 3n69 GM, for some reason i thought there was a rock garden towards the end? Anyways we had a nice and very long day!

I did dishpan about three times with open diffs but im also lifted and 33's if that matters. Also i remember we took my buddies brand new jk on the belly skids the whole way one year that was a trip and all the built rigs said good luck lol As we watched all these stuck up trailer queens drive away it was on! I think alot has to do with how you drive and know your limits with your rig.

Comment

It sure is different from 2007,back then a stock open diff sport with 29'' tires with the steps went right up it! Open diffs or locked wasnt the problem it was just the height of those rocks now ,guess i will need a lift and some bigger tires! Hell i did john bull years ago in a stock jeep without a scratch! I would imagine thats no longer possible either. Maybe it is! Doesnt help either when theres a bunch of cry babies with me either :-)

Comment

Dishpan has gotten a bit harder since 2007 for sure, but remember it's supposed to be a black diamond trail so it's purported to be a bit challenging

Comment

Did you not make it at the waterfall or the first obstacle? Lockers make all the difference

Comment

I did both john bull and Dishpan (backwards) about 2 yrs ago and YEH I gotta agree that they were both much harder than yrs past. John bull is pretty much just the gatekeeper that keeps people at bay and one other section.... The waterfall, I went down it and actually got some white knuckle time. Had to get out a few times and re-evaluate my lines too. Im LA'd and have detroit/ARB's on 35's, couldnt imagine a stocker getting through that stuff.
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

The waterfall is pretty gnarly for a stocker. We had two stockers come down it but not up. I never seen ROCK rutted out like that before. That is one very used trail.

Comment

I went the waterfall in a almost stock suspension rubi (2" BB). I made it up trouble free but it was funny when the other guys in the group with 4.5 lift and 33s got stuck.

Comment

Lol yea when i started to wheel guys would try and say you cant do this or that without even explaining the comments and yea 9" in the rear 44's up front and the bells and whistles and they end up stuck and almost breaking. One guy said i dont know you or your wheelin style and left it up to me that was the best ive heard yet and i wheeled what some guys avoided but limitations are important like being mortal

Comment

Dish Pan....

Deleted

Sorry, double post.

Comment

Dish Pan....

I agree it's gotten harder. I like it though. We went a few weeks ago, Dish Pan and Holcomb Creek, both trails are challenging.

Comment

"As we watched all these stuck up trailer queens drive away it was on!"

That's some funny stuff!
                        2004 TJ X
                        Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

Originally posted by Moabrubi View Post
                          Did you not make it at the waterfall or the first obstacle? Lockers make all the difference
                          I was at the trailhead by the water (deep creek) trying to go up!

Comment

Originally posted by parcours View Post
                            I agree it's gotten harder. I like it though. We went a few weeks ago, Dish Pan and Holcomb Creek, both trails are challenging.

Those are some very nice looking rubi's!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              but remember it's supposed to be a black diamond trail so it's purported to be a bit challenging
                              Very true!

Comment

Working...
                              X