Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukes69
    Blaine, judging from your pic, it seems to be way more dug out. I wouldnt say impossible, but way more difficult!

I guess it's perspective and tire selection.

I am Savvy.

Comment

sweet pic blaine!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thats pic is going down Is that the perspective youre talking about?

Arent you running MT/R's too?

Id say the tire selection is the same...no?

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
          Thats pic is going down Is that the perspective youre talking about?

Arent you running MT/R's too?

Id say the tire selection is the same...no?

Tam
          The perspective is that I've been going to LCIR since 99. Every time I go, I wind up over by Toboggan and sit patiently in line while folks winch up it. So many times and so much the winchfest that I never actually got to go up it until a couple of years later.

Every time out of about 20 that Kat and I waited in line, we'd walk up, watch folks destroy their rigs by dragging on the wall or being too far left and standing them up and almost going over backwards.

Again, the comments were always the same- Boy, it sure is dug out a lot more than the last time we were here.

When I drove it, I just put it on the line I knew would go, committed to it, and drove it like I was leaving a stop sign. The earlier pic I posted is the result.

For all I know, I got lucky. It seemed right, it felt right and when I drove it, it was right. Only one other out of our group that day drove it, the rest succumbed to the "it's too dug out to drive, winch me up theory". Or like the gentleman right behind me said- There's too much water.

The tire selection comment is a running joke.
          I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
            ... we'd walk up, watch folks destroy their rigs by dragging on the wall or being too far left...
            when I first saw the pics that was my thought. you guys needed to be up on that wall.

I'll show ya next time. :yay:
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Any farther up the wall and they'd have gone over backward (hence the uncomfortable feelings), and when they got to the make or break point, they just couldn't stay on the wall. I'd like to see someone go up it, its a freakin' gnarly trail.
              I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
              1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
                Any farther up the wall and they'd have gone over backward (hence the uncomfortable feelings), and when they got to the make or break point, they just couldn't stay on the wall. I'd like to see someone go up it, its a freakin' gnarly trail.
                this is true.. we were sticking the walll really far to the right, going up the hump with our passenger ture, then it would slide back to the left.... every time. of course our tires were wet, and muddy.. but i think we had the line rihgt. perhaps with some more throttle, it would have spun up there a bit further, but as high on the wall as we were, it was alreadt pretty tippy.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                  this is true.. we were sticking the walll really far to the right, going up the hump with our passenger ture, then it would slide back to the left.... every time. of course our tires were wet, and muddy.. but i think we had the line rihgt. perhaps with some more throttle, it would have spun up there a bit further, but as high on the wall as we were, it was alreadt pretty tippy.
                  Here's the guy that tried to follow me up. I'm pretty sure he's not on the line.

I am Savvy.

Comment

VERY cool pic

Yeah Blaine, it sounds like you hit it just right Id really like to see someone make it up.

I think the wall has lost the little (very little) ledge that once was there. We were up there last January, and It looked do-able. There is this one place that if you get your tire there, youre good. But that is now almost smooth and you slide right down. I think the line you took is gone.

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                    X