Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Motino wash and some spelunkering

On this near freezing morning 15 Jeeps and this pretty Jeep look alike Toyota Jeep showed up for some pretty good trail fun. Lots of fun to be had for all 2 near flops a bit of strap action. A cut tire, a broken valve stem and rim was the damage for the day. We got stuck behind some JK er's for about 1 hour which made for a nice lunch and bull shit session. After Motino wash the put abouts headed home and we ran up 2n61Y and did some mine exploring in a really cool mine. This mine had a whole bunch of bats in it and lots of offshoots and several levels. It has to be one of the coolest mines in Big Bear. All in all a great day with a great group of people.
    We also did a quick hike to the Spanish smelter, cool stuff.

The wanna be Jeep thing doing it's thing, just had to go there Kevin, ya know I think the ole girl is mighty pretty

The smelter viewed at the chimney end

we all had a great time.nice to see everyone out on the trail today.

Comment

Thank you Art. Had a really good time, seeing my friends again. Its been way to long. Still got to get the locker in the front. Missy asked me if I was going to take the pretty jeep line to the left. To make her feel better, she was worried about me, I said yes. One advantage to being tail gunner, you can change your mind. The ol girl just truttted right on up, much to my, and everyone else surprize. And she even brought me home. Fuel problem solved. Now on to the Camaro. Kevin.

Comment

That Landcruiser is pretty sweet! Nice stinger :-)

Comment

Originally posted by minisaba View Post
          That Landcruiser is pretty sweet! Nice stinger :-)
          Thank you, Kevin.

Comment

How was the trail Art, about the same as it has been?
            So you did some spelunkering also....cool. Anyone else take any pix of the run?

Comment

More Pics!

[COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                How was the trail Art, about the same as it has been?
                So you did some spelunkering also....cool. Anyone else take any pix of the run?
                Hard to say, it was fun and you missed out. We did some creative lines here and there, pretty cool.
                Mike took some pics and so did Chuck, Matt had his gopro on so that will come up at some time too.
                Overall a great day, little chilly but great get together.

Comment

dam that was some super flex on that ledge, nice !! Thats prob the best articulation on the front end i have seen maybe ever with room to go thumbs up on that one . Is this place off rattlesnake or a different area?

Comment

Originally posted by InlandZJ View Post
                    dam that was some super flex on that ledge, nice !! Thats prob the best articulation on the front end i have seen maybe ever with room to go thumbs up on that one . Is this place off rattlesnake or a different area?
                    It's of Rattlesnake canyon

Comment

any desert turtles?

Comment

Looks like a fun day Art,you and Mike took some great pic's.Thanks for sharing
                        Dennis and Tammy
                        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Had an awesome time with old friends and new. Gave my buddy Sam some of the picture duties.

Heres a link to the album, more pic in there.
                          http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s...%20may%202012/

Comment

Thanks everyone for a great day yesterday. And some nice pictures guys
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Good to see everyone. Had a great time and lots of crazy lines to try. Thanks for the pics you guys.
                              You can make it

Comment

Working...
                              X