Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, thinking about what to do with that thing....busted twice on me now.

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
      Yeah, thinking about what to do with that thing....busted twice on me now.
      Either you need to stop driving mud dogger style lol, or see if you can find some good chromemoly stub shafts.
      Maybe a bit lower gearing could help too, so you can ease up to stuff without having to throttle up it

Comment

Well, I did learn to wheel in the mud...maybe that is my problem! lol

I was trying to decide if I should get chromoly shafts or just upgrade to bigger axle. But if I go with a bigger axle where to draw the line? I am not quite ready to really tear this jeep open yet. I guess I will sleep on it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
          Well, I did learn to wheel in the mud...maybe that is my problem! lol

I was trying to decide if I should get chromoly shafts or just upgrade to bigger axle. But if I go with a bigger axle where to draw the line? I am not quite ready to really tear this jeep open yet. I guess I will sleep on it a bit.
          What tire size are you running? If I were you i would get some Chromo's if not running anything bigger than a 35" tire. I ran 35's on mine when i had a Dana 30 and didnt have an issue. Then again, I didn't drive with a lead foot either.

Comment

Opie is an interesting compilation of parts Truthfully I do not know if he has chromemolly stub shafts yet, I think it has a CJ7 Dana30 in the front

Comment

Technically it is a CJ-8 dana 30 (same thing, wide track low pinion 30). Stock shafts. I am running 33s and will probably stay that way for a while. I am thinking i will get some chromos when i get some extra cash, i can get a set for about $400.

Comment

Is John Bull harder this year, compared to last year? I've heard thats is rutted out pretty good,now. Any opinions?
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                  Is John Bull harder this year, compared to last year? I've heard thats is rutted out pretty good,now. Any opinions?
                  It's about the same as in previous years. Nothing really any harder..if anything it seems easier.

Comment

There some great pictures here. Thanks for posting. Planning on running Gold Mountain for my first time on the 9th. I know these pictures are from several spots but I am wondering now it 35’s, 4” of lift and open axels will slow down our group?
                    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Gold Mountain shouldn't be any problem with open diffs. I don't think I ever turned mine on. I have a 4" lift and 35's on my TJ.
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                        There some great pictures here. Thanks for posting. Planning on running Gold Mountain for my first time on the 9th. I know these pictures are from several spots but I am wondering now it 35’s, 4” of lift and open axels will slow down our group?
                        I'd done Gold Mountain a couple times in my old jeep which was 33s with poorly geared open diffs. I didn't slow anybody down.
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                          I'd done Gold Mountain a couple times in my old jeep which was 33s with poorly geared open diffs. I didn't slow anybody down.
                          Thats because we put yu in the rear and left you to your own devices...
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Family obligations will not permit my attendance. Next time

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics. We have gotta get up there again. Been a YEAR!

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                                You won't have any problems on Gold Mountain with that.
                                God forgives, rocks don't
                                -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                                X