Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Big Bear Multi-Trail Run report

We had a great day today..beautiful weather and great trails.

We had around 15 or so vehicles, all well equipped with great drivers. My memory isn't too good in remembering everyone, but thanks to all who came out, it made for a great event.

The trails went real well, although the traffic was pretty heavy, especially on JB. I think we lost 2 or more hours on the first 1/4 mile there, but that's 4 wheelin in So Cal.

The pace went along real well with only a couple minor mechanical problems...I bent a drag link which we were able to eventially straighten - thanks to Kurt's winch, Jonah broke a front hub or outer axle, but was able to do the whole run with his vehicle that way.

After Holcomb most headed for the barn while 6 or so of us headed down Dishpan and on into Lake Arrowhead.

It was a great day with a lot of strong 4 wheelin. I think in all we spent 10 hours on the trail.

. Anyone else please post up.

Slideshow
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

A few favorites from the trail

It looks like my front wheels got out of alignment somehow.

Last edited by mkjeepers; 05-06-12, 09:57 AM.

Mike looks like Y'all had a fun run,JB can be a traffic jam with Knuckle heads at the entrance trying to break their stuff.
    Was to tired after 12 hours of driving yesterday to head out in the morning, would have been fun to join the going on's though.
    Looking forward to the pics

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Mike looks like Y'all had a fun run,JB can be a traffic jam with Knuckle heads at the entrance trying to break their stuff.
      Was to tired after 12 hours of driving yesterday to head out in the morning, would have been fun to join the going on's though.
      Looking forward to the pics
      We missed you and Fred. Yep the KH's try the hard lines and go untill they break something.

Comment

I got home late last night and I am pretty sure Fred didn't get home till today. We definitely got our wheelin fix taken care of for a few days though.

Comment

Slideshow
          http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Comment

Nice pics Mike, I must have run those trails enough lol, I know exactly where each pic was taken. Looks like you had a good turn out.
            Also good to see Chucky's Jeep back on the trail. That and to see Opie and Skeeter having fun

Comment

30.6 miles of dirt roads covered today. I'll post up some pics soon.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Long day but loads of fun! I didn't have my wife with me so the pics were somewhat limited. From the few that I got, here are some of my favorites:

Gold Mountain:

John Bull:

Holcomb Creek:

Dishpan Springs:

What a nice day in the mountains with some great MJR folks. I never get tired of this!
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Nice pictures guys. Had a really good time yesturday.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Great Pictures, Thanks! I had a blast on this run. It was definitely a bit tougher with the broken stub shaft but with a little help here and there I made it through. Another great day on the trails with MJR!

Comment

Looks like y'all had fun,great pics and looks like you had nice weather.
                      Dennis and Tammy
                      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Jonah gets the tough guy award for doing JB and Holcomb with three wheel drive.
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Jonah manages quite well with his custom Jeep, I guess it's time for him to upgrade the front end some

Comment

Thanks Mike for another fun run. We had a great time. It was good to get out again.
                            Check out .

Comment

Great time everyone! Thank you for organizing the run Mike.

Comment

Working...
                              X