Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cakewalk Classic 2/11/12

I haven't run the full original route of Cakewalk for quite some time now. Cakewalk is about the same difficulty as Bullfrog - maybe a little more challenging - and a little longer.

I was out there recently and the trail has gotten some heavy usage, making it more difficult than the last run we did. There will be a couple of additional sections to add to the fun...

Sat. Feb. 11th 9:30 am
    Camp Rock Rd & Hwy 247
    CB Channel 25

Requirements:
    Lifted and locked.

I think I can make this! Looking forward to it, I really enjoyed the last time at CB with you, it was a wonderful trip

Lifted, locked, and ready to rock
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 01-26-12, 11:55 AM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
      I think I can make this! Looking forward to it, I really enjoyed the last time at CB with you, it was a wonderful trip

Lifted, locked, and ready to rock
      Sounds cool Daniel, you'll love the Cakewalk.

Comment

I can't remember which trails we went on last time, I'm pretty sure we were on bullfrog, and 'chicken rock' (was that just the rock, or the entire trail?). My first time out there, and it was great! Really does call you back for more.

Looking forward to it!
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Now that I've refreshed my browser....

I would like to go again

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyIron View Post
            Now that I've refreshed my browser....

I would like to go again
            Good to see you out there again....but we'll go around the "tipover challenge" this time..lol

Comment

Hi Mike

The 11th sounds good to me, that is if my jeep is still in one piece. I'm working at the Hammers on the 9th and the 10th. Are you going to the race on Friday?
              Ron G

Comment

Well, it looks like I'll be the guy with the strap out all day, but I'll be there! Looking forward to it folks.
                Last edited by TipsE-Z; 01-29-12, 01:43 PM. Reason: Change of heart
                USMC F&AM

Comment

Any idea how crowded it's going to be out there, with KOH going on then?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                    Any idea how crowded it's going to be out there, with KOH going on then?
                    Saturday will be the awards ceremony for KOH. I don't expect there will be much traffic on the trails. If it look too crowded I have a couple "secret trails" that aren't very well known - ie. - On the Rocks and Crazy 8, those are guaranteed to be open, but we'll shoot for Cakewalk.

BTW TipsEZ I run most every trail out there with 35's and open. In a spot or two I'll engage the locker and then shut it off. If I were you I just wouldn't say anything about the locker.

Comment

Mike he did Hump & Bump with us last year. He's another feather foot like Shant. LOL
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I'm not really sure what that means but I suspect it means I'll be okay. I'm hoping to get my front bumper and winch mounted by then. Thanks for "dragging me along" folks.
                        USMC F&AM

Comment

They are expecting 25,000 spectators this year at KOH and many of them will be camping out there Friday night after the race. I don't know just how many of them even know about the runs at the Buttes, but I'm hoping not many. We'll just have to see.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                            Saturday will be the awards ceremony for KOH. I don't expect there will be much traffic on the trails. If it look too crowded I have a couple "secret trails" that aren't very well known - ie. - On the Rocks and Crazy 8, those are guaranteed to be open, but we'll shoot for Cakewalk.
                            Perfect!

Comment

TTORA has 16 going to Bull frog and Hammer down backwards. Hope to see you guys out there, but I will be in HD working the cobwebs out of my truck lol.
                              Hopefully it wont be too crowded out there but with Mike you guys are sure to get the best of the best terrain!
                              KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Working...
                              X