Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minisaba View Post
    When I met you guys I knew something was off, now I know for sure. :-)
    Well, it is hard to argue that point! You been wheeling? How are the rims holding up?

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
      Well, it is hard to argue that point! You been wheeling? How are the rims holding up?
      I have not been wheeling. I am swapping an 8.8 on my rear so I've been putting money aside for thework and parts. I am only waiting on parts to get here. As for the wheels, I think its time for some new and narrower ones.oml

Comment

Nice upgrade! Yeah, the wheels...those beads didn't have much to grip on those wheels. I was talking to Art about it and he thinks the width isn't too much of a problem if the wheels grab the bead well. I still like running rims on the narrow side.

Todd, what is going on with yours?

Comment

I am trying to decide on a plan...I am leaning towards spending the extra money and get the Atlas2. I have dropped the skid and whats left of the t-case as well as gutting the interior. I'm gonna raptor the tub! I wanted to long arm and then there's a question of stretching...would also love to do a auto tranny (AW4) swap!! OH DEAR!!!

Oh and then theres axles!! New outers for my 44's are gonna run me close to a grand vs. selling them and going bigger for break even and some elbow grease!!
          Last edited by JeepinLA Eh; 01-26-12, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Break one part, ten things get upgraded...I love it!

I think you will like the raptor!

Comment

Originally posted by minisaba View Post
              I have not been wheeling. I am swapping an 8.8 on my rear so I've been putting money aside for thework and parts. I am only waiting on parts to get here. As for the wheels, I think its time for some new and narrower ones.oml

make sure you put a locker in the 8.8 if you are taking the time to do the swap!!!

Todd stick with the AX15... anyone can drive an auto.. its boring! It takes skill to drive a stick... if you get an Atlas be sure to get the 4 speed...to give you something for the sand and something lower for the rocks...
              Last edited by vwtipeii; 01-29-12, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                make sure you put a locker in the 8.8 if you are taking the time to do the swap!!!

Todd stick with the AX15... anyone can drive an auto.. its boring! It takes skill to drive a stick... if you get an Atlas be sure to get the 4 speed...to give you something for the sand and something lower for the rocks...
                Yeah jury is out on the axles! Do I invest more in the 44's (outers) or sell and build up some beefier ones...the tranny will stay and hmmmm the 4 speed is another grand!!! A lot of options for sure....trying to decide on a long arm and then of course theres the should i stretch while im at it!!!

My wife thought this thing was a money pit before...HAHAHAAA oh boy

Comment

Working...
                X