Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The great thing about our hobby is we can all build whatever the heck we want as long as our ladies allow us to spend the money!!!"

LOL I'm so glad I don't have that problem; although it sure would be nice to find a guy who Understands the hobby and cash involved. Until I find Him, I answer to Nobody I sent ya a PM about the transfer case Brett!
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
      not doubting/arguing that... but a stick is just more fun in my opinion. I recently read an article in JP or 4wheeler or one of those mags where the editor's goal was to build the "ultimate wheeler" and he kept building his rig up into a crazy trailer queen that could crawl over the Empire State Building. Then he got bored and started wheeling his old Scrambler and enjoyed moving rocks, using a which, highlift and straps to have a true wheeling experience.

i agree wheeling an auto is much easier...anything has to be easier that wheeling my YJ right now w stock low range of 2.71 and AX15 manual over rocks at crazy angles.... but I look forward to having 4 shifters on my floor just because I think it will look cool... and I have no problem with wheeling slow over an obstacle then shifting from 10x1 low back into 2.71 low until the next major obstacle.

The great thing about our hobby is we can all build whatever the heck we want as long as our ladies allow us to spend the money!!!
      All of that is true and I mostly agree, klune has a definite cool factor. I love taking my bigger Jeep on the Cougar Buttes and Big Bear trails cause it's just fun to put around on those trails same goes for Cleghorn and the trails around Silverwoodlake and Arrowhead. The other Jeep gets my shoulder sore as heck at the end of the day, mine are both sticks. One will hopefully end up with an auto though before the end of 2012.

Comment

Brett I have had all the (true wheeling experience) I need at my age. All my past jeeps had sticks, except one had a linko trans. Fred went up a huge water fall on monday and at the top said, I never could make that with my stick . A stick works great for every thing but the Hammers.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Next time you want something fun to run try Big Johnson it is short and tough. I never see reports of people trying it.
          06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Upper or lower or both? But I will check it out.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Curtis, I hear ya! Try the "little blue pill" the next time your stick isn't quite working as well as you'd like!

I have a question though for everyone... when does a Jeep officially go from being a "Jeep" to a "Juggy" to a "Buggy?"

Comment

Upper big Johnson, it is short fun, and intense.
                06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Stock frame and body (jeep) Tube frame and stock body (Juggy) Tube frame and no body (buggy).

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
                    Upper big Johnson, it is short fun, and intense.
                    I'm going back out this weekend so I will run it. Thanks, I hope this doesn't become contagious LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                      I'm going back out this weekend so I will run it. Thanks, I hope this doesn't become contagious LOL.
                      Gonna have some fun with ole Freddy and me? Lower Big Johnson wasn't to exciting even though that is where my Terra lo met it's demise

Comment

Yea I guest you guys have finally sucked me in. But the only way I think I will finish building that front axle is to break the one I have. So you guys will have to tow me back to the truck when it breaks LOL. Oh I might need some donations for that true hi 9 HeHe.

Looks like another great weekend out there.
                        Last edited by curtis; 12-28-11, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Curtis, Fred & Mark – We enjoyed the day with you guys Monday, would gladly do it again. Phil took his LJ over Bolder Dash and Lower Big Johnson on Tuesday, had another beautiful day. Here are a couple videos he took:

Curtis, then Mark, I think this is Claw Hammer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKvg47Y6TeM

Late in day, me on Turkey Claw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPafbE7Mdvc

Comment

AWESOME RUN!!!! Thx Guys! Great to meet and wheel with Cliff and Phil, and (as always) Fred and Curtis are a pleasure to wheel with! Missed ya, ART!

I'll be heading out there again Friday (or maybe tonite) for the weekend! New Years party everyone welcome!!! See ya out there!!

Comment

See ya Saturday morning Mark

Comment

Cliff and Phil had a great time monday. Hope we can do it again. The video makes me look like a mouse lost in a maze LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X