Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleghorn Run Dec 30? Cleveland Tomorrow?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Cleghorn sure was some fun stuff. I have never been and now want to go back VERY BAD. I was plagued with a HOT OIL light shortly after getting there so I had to pull off for a while and figure out what it was. Luckily Carlo and I came across a group of wheelers (new stock JK, 93 Cherokee and a 93 or 94 Land Cruiser) and the JK had all his manuals with him. Turns out the HOT OIL is transmission fluid over heating so after inspection and finding it to be a little on the old side everyone was nice enough to sit around and wait a half hour for me and then we were off to see the rest of Cleghorn and it’s off shoots. Light never came back on and we had some fun times. I got a call from Jonah just as we were about done so we missed that group SOOO that just means we need to go again once I get my Tranny flushed and filter changed which should be this next weekend so if anyone wants to go again…...

I got a few videos of Carlo I think he got a few of me with his GoPro so hopefully he got some good shots.

TJ one of the guys we met on the trail.

Cool shot but somehow the Toyota does not look as cool as the Jeeps above on the same rock.

Last edited by JK08; 01-02-12, 10:18 PM.
      [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Cool trip guys. JK08, What gears do you have and what's your tire height? Our limo is an '07 with 4.10's on the stock Sahara 's (32") and I've never had any tranny problems. The best I can tell is that this is pretty common on the ones equipped with 3.42's.
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Seems to me hills and the overdrive do not play nice.

Comment

I typically run with the o/d off up to 50mph. It also seems to help with mileage a bit. We specifically looked for one with 4.10's - it was only available in '07 from what I've seen. Not knowing what gears others have, it just seems that the 42rle just doesn't hold up unless you have 4.10 or deeper gears. I wonder how many rubicons have hade the high temp issue?
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
              Cool trip guys. JK08, What gears do you have and what's your tire height? Our limo is an '07 with 4.10's on the stock Sahara 's (32") and I've never had any tranny problems. The best I can tell is that this is pretty common on the ones equipped with 3.42's.

The 08 only had the option of the 3.73 and I run 35's as they came on the jeep when I bought it. I was going to go down to 33's as the 35's rub pretty bad even with the new 4" lift (had a 2.5" when I bought it) I am saving up for 4.56's so I hope that will help out on the hills. In all fairness I did drive to Mt. High first and I know when I hit the incline I went from 57mph to 37 mph and could not get any more juice out of the 200hp V6...

I smell upgrades in the future it is all just money... and that is always running short. Anyone want to help a poor man re-gear the front and rear one day? Seems the gears are fairly inexpensive it is the install that is expensive. I am very hands on just never done anything like that before and am sure I do not have all the right tools.

I was running it with the OD off on the way to Mt. High?
              [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

thanx for posting those clips. i wish i can port those clips i have on my go pro, but i dont have an editing program yet. once i get one ill post it. danny, if u want to go again let me know. im always looking to do day runs.

on another note. i think you should keep 35's on ur jeep. i would just get new or use fender flares. that extra ground clearance will always come in handy. plus, once u get new gears ur jeep will run much better. just my opinion. thanx again danny.

Comment

Originally posted by newfoundday View Post
                  thanx for posting those clips. i wish i can port those clips i have on my go pro, but i dont have an editing program yet. once i get one ill post it. danny, if u want to go again let me know. im always looking to do day runs.

on another note. i think you should keep 35's on ur jeep. i would just get new or use fender flares. that extra ground clearance will always come in handy. plus, once u get new gears ur jeep will run much better. just my opinion. thanx again danny.
                  No problem can you get the video to you PC at least? I can get you a file share site that you can drop a few gigs in it and i can cut some stuff together???

Today on ebay I found stuff off a 2007 rubi. downfall is it is front and back D44 48 ratio. I have a 30 in the front. He had the complete suspension package with it for 250.00 so I would end up with a bunch of stuff I already have sitting in my garage… I’ll keep looking for gears A guy at my office has a friend that is a mechanic and does gears so I am trying to get a price now from him. I found fenders for under 3 bills so that is a plus. Just Empty Every Pocket right…

I usually can only do weekend runs but i want to go back there again that place was fun. let me know if you ever can go on a weekend.

Danny

Comment

danny

send me the file sharing site. ill send you all of the fotage.

Comment

danny

send me the file sharing site. ill send you all of the fotage.
                      Not sure how large your files are but try downloading Dropbox.com first. If I remember right you get 2 gigs for free. Once you have it downloaded you open your drop box folder. Inside that folder there is a “Public” folder.

Step 1: Drag and drop a file into the Public folder.

Step 2: Right-click this file, then choose Dropbox > Copy Public Link. This copies an Internet link to your file that you can paste anywhere: emails, instant messages, blogs, etc.

That's it! To share your file, just send the link via email or on this thread…

If you have a bunch of files that add up to more than two gigs we will have to do it two gigs at a time I will have to download the link then you can delete from your folder and do it again.

Pretty painless. I use it for sending Building models back and forth to owners and General Contractors.

Call me if you need anything.

Comment

danny

here you go. let me know once you download this. i have more videos and pictures.

/Users/newfoundday/Dropbox/GOPR0283 copy.MP4

Comment

danny

here you go. let me know once you download this. i have more videos and pictures.

/Users/newfoundday/Dropbox/GOPR0283 copy.MP4
                          did this work?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55903737/Wheeling/020.MOV

Comment

Video Edit

this is ipod/iphone vid not HD but pinnacle does 1080p vid. thru the net links it takes a bit to transfer so i did the ipod quality. gives you an idea of what Pinnacle can do. all the effects are stock no add on but you cab buy a bunch of add on effects if you choose.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55903737/Whe...ghorn-ipod.mp4

Comment

i sent you an email and PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X