Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shant,

Looks like a great day in the snow. I knew the grill would be fired up for sure!

Mitch

Comment

Looks like fun times.
      [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
        Looks like fun times.
        There is only one big problem with these runs. The next day, I don't feel like working and I want to be back in the mountains. When I get back home I tell myself that I am satisfied with offroading for at least another month. Five days later I find myself planning the next event.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
          There is only one big problem with these runs. The next day, I don't feel like working and I want to be back in the mountains. When I get back home I tell myself that I am satisfied with offroading for at least another month. Five days later I find myself planning the next event.

5 days!!! That's awesome. You'll have to teach me how to be so dicsiplined. I come back from Calico this weekend and Monday I'm talking about the 30th of Dec weekend AND Jan 13th weekend. No control.
          Last edited by I H8RDS; 12-15-11, 03:02 PM.
          Jeep Girl

Comment

You're a 4WD animal. We have more in common than one can imagine

Comment

Then we Must do a run!!! I was informed I was "Hardcore" this past weekend lol Who doesn't do day And night runs??? I'm still looking for ideas for the 13th of Jan weekend! Let's make it happen. I have a 4 day weekend.....just no snow. Don't care for the stuff. Plus, I'm in a tent..(before you start giving me a hard time)
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Gotta work that weekend, unfortunately.

Comment

Well then, I shall share more pics
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

Looked fun bash wish I could of gone. That grand cherokee has a low pinion d30 doesn't it?

Comment

Shant, fresh snow on the mountain right now :devil: I'm just saying......

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                        Looked fun bash wish I could of gone. That grand cherokee has a low pinion d30 doesn't it?
                        I'm not sure what kind of Dana 30 it has. I do know that is has chromoly custom u-joint axle shafts, 35" tires and a locker which does not help the ring and pinion much lol. Any ideas how we can beef up the ring and pinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                          Shant, fresh snow on the mountain right now :devil: I'm just saying......
                          Are you playing with my emotions sir!!!

Comment

Looks like a fun day Shant.
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                              I'm not sure what kind of Dana 30 it has. I do know that is has chromoly custom u-joint axle shafts, 35" tires and a locker which does not help the ring and pinion much lol. Any ideas how we can beef up the ring and pinion?
                              Yea put a high pinion out of a older cherokee in it if it will fit. I think all the part will swap over except for the gearset which you have to replace anyway.Might have swap the balljoints too IIRC because knuckles are slightly different. You can get the gears cryo heat treated. Buy better gears (seem the cheaper chinese gear sets dont seem to last as long) but I think all of them are made in china now lol. Curtis had superior gears and they failed too so who knows. I run yukon gears (china LOL)and never had any problems. How hard was he on the skinny pedal? That grand cherokee is alot heavier than a tj so obviously it going to be harder on parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                                Yea put a high pinion out of a older cherokee in it if it will fit. I think all the part will swap over except for the gearset which you have to replace anyway.Might have swap the balljoints too IIRC because knuckles are slightly different. You can get the gears cryo heat treated. Buy better gears (seem the cheaper chinese gear sets dont seem to last as long) but I think all of them are made in china now lol. Curtis had superior gears and they failed too so who knows. I run yukon gears (china LOL)and never had any problems. How hard was he on the skinny pedal? That grand cherokee is alot heavier than a tj so obviously it going to be harder on parts.
                                Will research on that further. We have to find a solution soon as you say, it's a heavy vehicle. We had a good run on John Bull in the snow. The entire day went well until the last moment when we were exiting the trail, that's when it gave in. We were humping and bumping our way through the trail because there was no traction. Good times. I think he should just say the hell with it and swap a 44 in the front. $3,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X