Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Weekday Snow Run on Holcomb

Planning on heading to Holcomb on Tuesday morning for a snow run. Even if it doesn't snow I just need to get out and enjoy the weather, the trees, the creek. I'm solo for now so would love for someone to be there with me. Anybody up for an early weekday run? I would like to meet at Fawnskin Fire Station at 8:00am.

Either a snow run on Holcomb or a rainy run on Cakewalk/Bullfrog, either will do. Let me know which one you would prefer and we will go there .

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

You got snow chains?

Comment

If I wasn't working I'd join you. I'm ready for a snow run.
      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
        You got snow chains?
        No chains allowed sir. That's cheating. Nothing but good ol pure Japanese rubber at 8 PSI....made in Korea

Comment

lol good ol bash living on the edge. Better go with sombody easy to get stuck in the snow. Id go but need to paint and mount krawlers on allied beadlock wheels.

Comment

I dont think the chains are to be used on the trail but more to meet CHP requirement of all vehicles having them along.

Comment

:wink: :shout: Today: Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 34. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

:shout: Tonight: Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 25. South wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

:hide: lol....Tuesday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

:gun: I'm there dude! :whip:

Holcomb in the snow with a little bit of deliciousness

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                lol good ol bash living on the edge. Better go with sombody easy to get stuck in the snow. Id go but need to paint and mount krawlers on allied beadlock wheels.
                It's not a good idea to paint in the rain my firend....too dangerous. Safer go wheeling with me instead
                Last edited by MrBash; 12-12-11, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Bash,

I can't go tomorrow because a good friend is retiring and I'm planning to attend a retirement ceremony in Daggett. BTW, the public is invited:

[COLOR="blue"]Tuesday, 13 Dec, there will a retirement ceremony & flyby held at for the last three UH-1H's in use at the NTC/Ft Irwin. The ceremony will take place at 09:45 hrs @ the Army Hanger located on the Barstow-Daggett Airport, which is about 12 miles east of Barstow on I-40. There will be a get together after the ceremony for "Huey fans" at the Desert Springs Bar and Grill in Daggett, located at 34805 Daggett-Yermo Road, 92327. Phone 760-254-3232.[/COLOR]

Are you available later in the week? Besides, the snow will be deeper later in the week because it probably won't end until late Tuesday.

Russ
                  If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                  KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                    Bash,

I can't go tomorrow because a good friend is retiring and I'm planning to attend a retirement ceremony in Daggett. BTW, the public is invited:

[COLOR="blue"]Tuesday, 13 Dec, there will a retirement ceremony & flyby held at for the last three UH-1H's in use at the NTC/Ft Irwin. The ceremony will take place at 09:45 hrs @ the Army Hanger located on the Barstow-Daggett Airport, which is about 12 miles east of Barstow on I-40. There will be a get together after the ceremony for "Huey fans" at the Desert Springs Bar and Grill in Daggett, located at 34805 Daggett-Yermo Road, 92327. Phone 760-254-3232.[/COLOR]

Are you available later in the week? Besides, the snow will be deeper later in the week because it probably won't end until late Tuesday.

Russ
                    Sounds like good times to be had Russ. Unfortunately, my schedule calls for work the rest of the week and on Sunday I have honey-dues. Gotta take the wify and baby to Disneyland.

Comment

Yea to cold to paint but tires and wheels are completly dismounted and heep is on jackstands. Im going nowhere till its finished lol.

Comment

Shant,

5:00pm and snow is starting to stick on the Cajon Pass at 33 degrees. Snow on both sides of the Fwy north of Devore and completely white as far as you can see before Cleghorn and all the way to Hwy 395. Be safe heading up there if you go. And you will need chains to go up the pavement

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                          No chains allowed sir. That's cheating. Nothing but good ol pure Japanese rubber at 8 PSI....made in Korea
                          You import your air from Korea???
                          God forgives, rocks don't
                          -sons of thunder

Comment

Ca330: no traffic restrictions reported for this area. Mitch my friend, thanks for the warning but if the hwys require chains, ill be going up the 138 through pilot rock through dishpan then through 3N16 and enter Holcomb from the back. Sometimes you gotta enter the back way

Comment

Had a great run although didn't run Holcomb. We got to the gatekeeper and I couldnt pass it with the creek and the snow combined. So we headed through 3N08 to John BUll. John bull was hell of fun. Slippery but with a little umph here an there, we made it throguh just fine. Right when we were exiting John Bull, the Grand cherokee shredded the front ring and pinion gears. 35" Tires with a locker and chromoly axle shafts on a stock Dana 30, was bound to happen sooner or later.

A few pics for the road.

Last edited by MrBash; 12-14-11, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X