Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljqO8Gor6Eo
    Here is my video from my second or third trip up Isham in 2009 making it look easy. Yes, I took the wrong line this time.
    Good Vid from the previous years! Nice work on Waterfall Zero as well as Isham! I'm glad you were able to back off this year's line without issue. It made for some GREAT photos though. Looks like a new avatar is in the works.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Last time we went through Trona, Spring of this yr there was only one gas station. Chevron was already closed. The only one open was the one with the convenience store attached, used to have a little grill in it too. While there the wife struck up a conversation with the manager. He said and I quote, "two more months and I am outta here and the owners are closing the place". Seems both carried out their intentions. Since some of the mines/mills closed down that place has barely been able to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Good Vid from the previous years! Nice work on Waterfall Zero as well as Isham! I'm glad you were able to back off this year's line without issue. It made for some GREAT photos though. Looks like a new avatar is in the works.
        I did way better on my 35's then I did with my 37's so go figure.My 35's were 14.50 wide so that may have helped a little.

Comment

That was painful to watch. Makes for great video, but there was a lot of bad direction, and some on point laughter in those videos. I'm glad you made it out of that mess unscathed. ;-)
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
            Flat Stanley sitting in the space where they captured Charles Manson...
            Randy, You have any more pictures of Barker Ranch? I haven't seen to many since the fire. Is that the bathroom Carmen is in? I hope not.
            Check out .

Comment

forgive me for asking, but what's the whole Flat Stanley thing? :-)
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                That was painful to watch. Makes for great video, but there was a lot of bad direction, and some on point laughter in those videos. I'm glad you made it out of that mess unscathed. ;-)
                Yeah,I knew that line was too high. I needed to stop and trust my instincts. I have done that notch perfect each time before so I knew the right line to take. It was a good lesson for me. I did stay calm so I wouldn't lose focus and roll back off the ledge. I was much more scared than I appear to be in the video.
                Last edited by Red rubicon; 11-15-11, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                  Yeah,I knew that line was too high. I needed to stop and trust my instincts. I have done that notch perefect each time before so I knew the right line to take. It was a good lesson for me. I did stay calm so I wouldn't lose focus and roll back off the ledge. I was much more scared than I appear to be in the video.
                  Don't feel good when you are teetering does it, at times it's better to trust yourself than the spotter.
                  All in all you handled that really well and makes for some great pics and video.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                    forgive me for asking, but what's the whole Flat Stanley thing? :-)
                    Uncle Buck... no worries asking about Flat Stanley... Flat Stanley is a school project that my second grade nephew in Alabama is participating in... http://www.flatstanleyproject.com

The basic principle of The Flat Stanley Project is to connect your child, student or classroom with other children or classrooms participating in the Project by sending out "flat" visitors, created by the children, through the mail (or digitally, with The Flat Stanley app). Kids then talk about, track, and write about their flat character's journey and adventures. Although similar to a pen-pal activity, Flat Stanley is actually much more enriching-students don't have to wonder where to begin or what to write about. The sender and the recipient already have a mutual friend, Flat Stanley. Writing and learning becomes easier, flows naturally, and tends to be more creative. This is what teachers call an "authentic" literacy project, in that kids are inspired to write of their own passion and excitement about the project, and given the freedom to write about many things through the rubric of the Flat Stanley character.
                    The way this project works for my nephews class is... each student submitted the names of 3 family members or friends not living in the same area as the student, the teacher chooses one of those people and sends them a package with Flat Stanley and the project plan, that person then documents with pictures and storylines the travels that Flat Stanley goes on, then that person writes a short story for each picture, compiles a book, returns the book to the classroom (teacher), and the students read from and share the information shared by the family member and/or friend.

Thus far, our Flat Stanley has made trips to New York City, Washington DC, Charlotte, San Francisco, San Diego, Dallas, Big Bear, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Tokyo, Narita, Toyohashi, Mexico City, Bogota, Sao Paulo, Stutgartt, London, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, and a few other places (primarily with me on business travel).
                    Regards,
                    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                      Randy, You have any more pictures of Barker Ranch? I haven't seen to many since the fire. Is that the bathroom Carmen is in? I hope not.
                      Chuck, we took tons of pictures of the Barker Ranch area... It is sad that the house was burned, no question, but the area is still pretty interesting...

One of the "markers" to let you know you are heading in the right direction is this grove of trees...

Information sign...

Parking area...

Outdoor toilet left there by the "clan"

Old Ford truck rumoured to have been left there by the Manson clan... Flat Stanley chilling out...

View from the hills above what's left of the house...

Small building that has been restored on the property...

Me, inside the house...

Fireplace and living area...

It is rumoured that under this tree, Charles and crew, buried quite a few bodies...

Pomegranite tree just outside of the house...

Swimming pool

Have more and will post them up soon...
                      Regards,
                      Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                        Looks like a fun trip.

Was there an issue with gas, in town? I heard there could've been a problem.
                        Trona only had diesel...

The gas in Panamint Springs...

Regards,
                        Randy

Comment

Nice pictures and report guys. Kevin That's getting up a wall.
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                            Nice pictures and report guys. Kevin That's getting up a wall.
                            Yes Curtis , it was. if I had a buggy I could of just kept going up that other way but in a jeep had to winch. I got lucky that I didn't roll down the mountain. I have done that section so many times that it was crazy that I got that messed up but it is all good now.

Comment

Wow. That is real sad. That place was a great camp site.
                              Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
                              Fireplace and living area...
                              Here is a before shot I took almost in the same spot.

Glad I got to experience it before it was destroyed.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X