Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry.. I guess I still don't have this picture posting thing quite figured out correctly yet.

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
      sorry.. I guess I still don't have this picture posting thing quite figured out correctly yet.
      Easy, upload to a photobucket account then on each picture copy the link for forums.
      Here is the one you want to copy

Then simply paste in your message and post.

Comment

Brett, I changed the html code so that your images show up...

That video was amazing... I truly didn't think I turned the wheel

Here are my shots... better late than never! I am not sure if I did this right yet...i hope these pictures load.

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

Brett, Great photos. I'm really glad to see the one of me leaving paint on the Arockalypse exit. Helped me to explain some of the angles to coworkers. Now if we could get Chucks video up we would be good!

Kalah's photos on her 35mm came out very grainey... We suspect because the film was over a year old and had experienced alot of extreme temps. I can post if anyone would like, she got some awesome shots with the sky in them.
          USMC F&AM

Comment

Thanks Russ! You always seem to have the answer! Chris no prob!

I have officially ordered the long arms for my stretch. Still waiting on one stupid gear to finish the Dana20 Klune conversion. I feel like i am sprinting in 4 low w 37's compared you guys with the 4-1 low ranges. Going to try and use the guys from Brothers4x4 to do the labor and fab for the stretch. Haik seems like a solid guy and rates seem reasonable. Any one have anything good or bad to say either way?

I finally got a nasty cold that hit me hard yesterday. If i feel better by tomorrow afternoon I will still head out to JV on Sat am. Happy birthday Marines on this thread!!!

Brett

Comment

For 37's to be happy 5.38 gears are about the sweet setup then 4 or 5 to 1 in your transfercase and she will drive good on the street and crawl like a champ. Have a center strap put on the front axle so the nose stays down on climbs, makes a world of difference with coil overs

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                For 37's to be happy 5.38 gears are about the sweet setup then 4 or 5 to 1 in your transfercase and she will drive good on the street and crawl like a champ. Have a center strap put on the front axle so the nose stays down on climbs, makes a world of difference with coil overs
                With a manual trans.
                Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Hes going to have to change the dana 30 out to do that. I thought I saw 5.13's but that might of been for the jk hp30 which I think has slightly bigger gears. Its good to see a dana 30 handling 37" tires (gives me some hope). A lower tc ratio might be the breaking point though.

Comment

yup... still running 4.88's (up from 4.10's w my 33's and 35's in the past. I have Chromo's in the front w a solid axle conversion (5 to 4). I have heard that there is not as much weight or pressure on the front axle when wheeling up hill. So as long as I use my ARB in the front sparingly and don't drive too much like the newbie I am, the Dana 30 should hold up for a bit. The Dana 30 has the same outers as the Dana 44, the only difference is size of the pumpkin I have been told.

I am able to cruise on the highway around 65-70 mph (flats not hills) with the engine running around 2200-2300 rpm and avg about 11 mpg currently. The klune will give me a 4-1 low and if i was silly I could throw the Dana 20 in low too and be around 9-1 low but yes that much torque will most likely make something give. Then just time to buy something else Good thing people are still putting money in their 401k so I can earn a living to buy more parts for my lil yj!

Comment

yup... still running 4.88's (up from 4.10's w my 33's and 35's in the past. I have Chromo's in the front w a solid axle conversion (5 to 4). I have heard that there is not as much weight or pressure on the front axle when wheeling up hill. So as long as I use my ARB in the front sparingly and don't drive too much like the newbie I am, the Dana 30 should hold up for a bit. The Dana 30 has the same outers as the Dana 44, the only difference is size of the pumpkin I have been told.

I am able to cruise on the highway around 65-70 mph (flats not hills) with the engine running around 2200-2300 rpm and avg about 11 mpg currently. The klune will give me a 4-1 low and if i was silly I could throw the Dana 20 in low too and be around 9-1 low but yes that much torque will most likely make something give. Then just time to buy something else Good thing people are still putting money in their 401k so I can earn a living to buy more parts for my lil yj!
                      You spend money on good stuff, lot of it staying together depends on how much and how hard you wheel.
                      By the rpm you posted it's a stick shift

Comment

Lil YJ? That thing is a beast! It will be fun to see it when you're done building it.
                        USMC F&AM

Comment

Done building it???
                          God forgives, rocks don't
                          -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                            Done building it???
                            Well played; I got corrected on this one yesterday by the misses... At least she knows better
                            USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                              Well played; I got corrected on this one yesterday by the misses... At least she knows better
                              Hey Chris, I just finished a fairlead that sums it all up.

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Originally posted by MY4D9WILLYS View Post
                                Hey Chris, I just finished a fairlead that sums it all up.

I love it! PM me a price and I'll take one, just as soon as I get my front bumper welded back up and mod'd to fit my frame.
                                USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                                X