Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like a whole lot of fun. Looks like the big shoes work pretty well Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
      Chris,
      You are one Hell of a driver. It was more fun watching you drive than it was driving. Well, almost...
      i'll have pictures up tomorrow. My video camera is toast so Chuck and Mike will have to git wit it.
      I'm glad to see that Mike at least got with it. Far as my driving; I agree that it was probably pretty fun to watch me drive as I'm just crazy enough to try anything (although I've decided after my pucker level for Bronco Falls, Moab Rim is a 'never gonna happen' thing for me), but! Driving is only part of the equation, good spotting is crucial a and you guys all had me covered. If I was a really good driver somebody would be tossing me their KOH car keys and saying "Win us a race!" Haha

And it was a truly great time. Chucks 39.5s on his buggy worked really well for him out there as he was able to be the first up alot of things and gave us the winch line we needed (specially me). To echo what Mike said, I was happy to see so many MJR folks, and I can't wait for next year.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

Cool pics! Makes me wonder though, if my 33's and 2.5 L manual stock tranny would have been able to pull this run off. I am locked, but she's my DD too (no trailer). Was thinking maybe next year....but not so sure I should now. Any thoughts? And there's no way I'd want to go unless I could do everything in My jeep. Riding with others is OK, but you know how it is...once you own your own Jeep......
        Jeep Girl

Comment

Had a great time guys and what a beautiful place to wheel. Nice to meet you Brett. Lorie you can do it, Russ runs 33" tires.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
            Chucks 39.5s on his buggy
            It's not a buggy.

Thank you all for a great weekend. We had a blast. Rain and all. I'll upload my pics tonight.
            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
              Cool pics! Makes me wonder though, if my 33's and 2.5 L manual stock tranny would have been able to pull this run off. I am locked, but she's my DD too (no trailer). Was thinking maybe next year....but not so sure I should now. Any thoughts?
              To add to what has already been said: Russ did it locked on 33s. I ran open diffs (stock driveline) on 35s, after driving the Jeep up 7 hours from Phoenix, ran with these guys, then drove it home. I guess what I'm saying is as long as you aren't hammering on it, and not afraid to take a line you'll be fine. But really and truly, locked, I assume geared to 4.11s at least, you should be fine.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Thanks to all the guys from MJR especially Rick S. You guys do ROCK. We hope you all had a great time and we hope you come back next year. Please let us know of any problems you had and what we could do better for next year. Putting on a big event like this is a task that isn't easy and we always find things that we could have done better. This was by far the biggest Hump-N-Bump ever. This year we had around 200 vehicles on the trails and served 450 BBQ dinners. You may see you and your rig in the major mags in a few months as we had lots of press people to cover our event like Petersens 4-Wheel and Off Road, JP Magazine, Off-Road Adventures, Action 4X4 magazine and more.

We are sorry for how long it took for our team of eight people to give away $45,000.00 in raffle prizes. I warned you we had a lot of support from our awesome sponsors and many of us that rolled the dice and bought a pile of tickets were not disappointed including myself that won among other things a set of four 37" Pitbull Rocker Tires donated by one of our Platinum level sponsors Ted Wiens Custom 4X4.

Being the Chairman for a major event like this is a HUGE task. We need dozens of hard working club members from the Vegas Valley Four Wheelers and other area clubs to pull it off. Two years of this type of club volunteer work takes its toll and requires a huge amount of time and effort and I will have to pass the torch to another for next years Hump-N-Bump. With luck the next chairman will be up to the task and continue to build on the positive momentum we have created over the last few years. I wanted to make this year a hard one to beat.

Thanks to everyone that attended.

Jeff Jorgensen
                2010 - 2011 Hump-N-Bump Chairman
                Jeff Jorgensen - Vegas Valley Four Wheelers
                2010 - 2011 Hump-N-Bump Chairman

Comment

Hello everyone! What am amazing weekend! I truly had a blast of a time! I finished packing at 12:15 on Thursday evening and slept until 1 am. I hit the road at about 1:15 and was on my way from Hermosa Beach to Logandale. I texted Russ at 5 am with a "wakie wakie, eggs n bakie text" and was quickly lectured to not drive and text! Bad Brett I know! I was just trying to stay awake and had already texted all my friends on the East coast who were awake!

Thank you Russ for being warm and excepting and helping me get settled in before a day of wheeling on Friday. Sorry abot making us miss the start time with Curtis and the rest of the crew. I think we had a great time on the Shredder Run. Russ failed to mention (and i failed to get a picture) of his almost flop at the end of the Shredder run too. He went up and almost came rolling down on his driver side. Iggy wold have been upset for sure!!!

The first night was just a little cold and wet but thanks to Curtis's easy up and Russ's grill and my firewood we actually were able to dry out and enjoy a nice grilled dinner before hitting the rack the first night.

The next day was my first time out with a bunch of the MJR crew. I appreciate everyones friendlyness and willingness to help my "newbie" self jump in with the crew. I still can't believe i was the first one that needed a strap after I almost rolled down the side of the hill on the way to Arockalypse. Curtis's strap make quick work of pulling me back up on the trail and were we quickly again on our way.

Arockalypse was.... how can i say.. "mildly entertaining" to say the least. I felt totally comfortable and confident that the MJR crew would help get my little YJ through. Even as I was sitting there staring at the sky feeling my YJ roll past 90 degrees backwards and my TC shift lever fall off and almost hit me in the face 'because i was nearly upside down" I knew the guys would eventually get my back down to earth and over the "little rock" in the middle of the trail.

Thank you again to everyone, Chris (fellow square), Russ, Curtis, Mike, Chuck and Rat Patrol for allowing me to join yall for a great weekend!

The drive back to LA was long cold and snowy... but i made it home in about 6 hours and slept like a baby last night.

Next I need to get my little YJ to "settle down" a bit so i am not always "showing off". Yes it is exciting to almost roll over or tip over all the time but after I get my stretch and bring the ride hight down a bit i am confident i will not make as many highlight reals and will keep my heart rate down as I am wheeling with you all in the future.

I will try to get my pics up here soon!

Brett..

PS.. does anyone know what my SN means or should i change it?

Comment

I'm at a loss on your SN, been trying to figure it out for months... I think you'd be fine with some different adjustable shocks, maybe ones that hold the adjustment. Good trip indeed, glad you could make it out man. Looking forward to the pictures, I'm sure we'll have more later when Kalah gets her film developed.
                    USMC F&AM

Comment

Chris, I have the "Or-Fab" bolt in cage in my YJ. I bought it from 4wheelparts. I buy a lot of stuff from them so i get their "Brett pricing" which is normally 10-15% below retail pricing.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Body-Part...&t_pn=ORF82095

Just an idea...

Comment

VWTIPEII: VW type 2.

I had a 71 Kombi and a 79 Westfalia Pop top camper back when i was in college and the Marines. Great vehicles when you are broke and chicks dig em It is my old SN from the AOL days in the mid 90's that just kind of stuck. I have some pictures from Mardi Gras with 16 people in my bus

I would be up for a project in the future if anyone wants to build an off road VW Bus.. maybe not for rock crawling but more for overlanding...

Comment

Brett you made for some cool action shots, but your suspension needs work. Seems to tall to narrow and the front unloads to easy.
                          Even in your Cougar Buttes video the nose comes up way to easy on Chicken rock I believe. That or spend money on a good roll cage. The latter is a good idea period if you jeep hanging with the MJR crew lol

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                            To add to what has already been said: Russ did it locked on 33s. I ran open diffs (stock driveline) on 35s, after driving the Jeep up 7 hours from Phoenix, ran with these guys, then drove it home. I guess what I'm saying is as long as you aren't hammering on it, and not afraid to take a line you'll be fine. But really and truly, locked, I assume geared to 4.11s at least, you should be fine.
                            I've tackled John Bull and the rest of BB; and geared 4.56's. The extra hamsters under the hood would be helpful...but it's sounding like if I've dont what I've already done in BB and Calico and Red Rock, I should be fine. See ya next year!
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

Kurt, I noticed the Alka Seltzer banner on the back of your cage as you started to climb. Considering the location, maybe Immodium AD would be more appropriate.
                              God forgives, rocks don't
                              -sons of thunder

Comment

As was stated in the original thread, the terrain and traction is a lot like Cougar Buttes, Kurt's input on that gave me some confidence in going up there... Come to think of it, maybe that's why Curtis was walking up some stuff

Far as the Immodium... Yulp!
                                USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                                X