Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: SATURDAY- SEPT 17th- LOCKWOOD/ YELLOW JACKET / MILLER JEEP TRAIL

[COLOR="blue"]Looking for others who’d like to join us for a day run up the mountain! We are meeting at the Flying J off the 5 North Hwy in Gorman at 8:30am and will leave by 9:00am. Bring a cooler for drinks and lunch!

I've led this trail several times; day and night. Walk in the park compared to what I did in Big Bear.

So, who wants to ride??!

Lorie
    [/COLOR] If anyone needs to call me----> 805-415-0204 and I'll be on CB Ch 4.

THE LIST:

1.) Lorie (I H8RDS)
    2.) Daniel (Daniel_Buck)
    3.) Kurt (Rat Patrol)
    4.) Al (the_al_mighty)
    5.) Mike (Deepwater)
    6.) Alan (Explorerlyon)
    7.) Mike (Toolman)
    8.) Jason
    9.) Grizzly_99TJ and The Misses

Anybody else??

*****For those of us coming up from points south there will be construction on the 5 so we may experience some slow traffic.

Golden State (5) Fwy lanes to close for construction
    From wire service reports
    Posted: 09/16/2011 06:40:47 AM PDT
    Updated: 09/16/2011 06:44:58 AM PDT

Some Golden State (5) Freeway lanes and ramps will be shut down in Burbank at various times from today through Sunday as part of a construction project, Caltrans said today.

The closures are part of a $121 million improvement project to construct carpool lanes in each direction along the I-5 between the Hollywood (170) Freeway and Buena Vista Street in Burbank, said Caltrans spokesman Patrick Chandler. The project is designed to reduce congestion, encourage car-pooling, and improve air quality, he said.

Work began in early 2011 and is expected to be completed in late 2014, according to Chandler.

Barring changes, the following closures are scheduled today, Saturday and Sunday:

Northbound I-5 Roscoe Boulevard eastbound and westbound offramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Northbound I-5 Sunland Boulevard eastbound and westbound offramp from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Northbound I-5 Penrose Street eastbound and westbound offramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Northbound I-5 Tuxford Street eastbound and westbound onramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Northbound I-5 Lankershim Boulevard eastbound and westbound onramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Southbound I-5 Penrose Street eastbound and westbound offramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Southbound I-5 Penrose Street northbound and southbound onramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Southbound I-5 Lankershim Boulevard eastbound and westbound onramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Southbound I-5 Sheldon Street/Laurel Canyon Boulevard eastbound and westbound offramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Southbound I-5 Sheldon Street/Laurel Canyon Boulevard eastbound and westbound offramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Northbound I-5 from Buena Vista to Penrose Street, up to three lanes from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.
    Southbound I-5 from Penrose Street to Hollywood Way, up to three lanes from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.

Northbound I-5 from Penrose Street to Sheldon Street/Laurel Canyon Boulevard from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 09-16-11, 01:01 PM.
    Jeep Girl

count me in!
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
      count me in!

Walk in the park for you too after this past weekend!

Good times!
      Jeep Girl

Comment

I have a previous engagement that might not happen now, so I might join you. It's been too long since I ran Miller. I did a night run right after the big fire. we were the first ones on yellowjacket. It was so grown over you couldn't see the trail. That was the best night run I've ever done.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sweet!

I'm going to start a list, so we know who and how many to look out for in Gorman:

1.) Lorie (I H8RDS)
          2.) Daniel (Daniel_Buck)
          3.) Kurt (Rat Patrol)

Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
            Walk in the park for you too after this past weekend!

Good times!
            the scrapes and dents on the underside of my jeep attest to that!

Looking forward to some trails in Frazier though, even if no new scrapes or dents are added I'm sure I will have fun Hope some of yall can join us!
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I'm in. Add one more to your list.

Comment

Hi Al ! Awesome..lookin' forward to meetin' ya!

1.) Lorie (I H8RDS)
                2.) Daniel (Daniel_Buck)
                3.) Kurt (Rat Patrol)
                4.) Al (the_al_mighty)
                Jeep Girl

Comment

If I receive my tags before this date, count me in as well. I try to run Miller at least once a year. With all the headaches the Jeep has been giving me recently, now that they are fixed, I want to wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                    If I receive my tags before this date, count me in as well. I try to run Miller at least once a year. With all the headaches the Jeep has been giving me recently, now that they are fixed, I want to wheel.
                    Let me know if you do...I'll add ya to the list so we know to look for you at the Flying J.

Hope you can make it!
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

Hi,

Been wanting to try out Miller for a while and next week looks good for me and I would like to join up with you.

Mike
                      "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Hi Mike..got ya added!

1.) Lorie (I H8RDS)
                        2.) Daniel (Daniel_Buck)
                        3.) Kurt (Rat Patrol)
                        4.) Al (the_al_mighty)
                        5.) Mike (Deepwater)
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

I might be up for this too if I'm not too busted up. Haven't been out Jeepin' much since picking up a dirtbike, but took a nasty spill on Sat and have my hand in a cast so riding is out for a while. If my ankle/foot feel better, I'll try to make it and get my outdoor fix in the Jeep.
                          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Bummer about the crash and burn..but that's part of the fun no? :^) Maybe not.... lol

Anyways, post up thursday or friday on whether you can drive. We'll add ya to the list!

Hope you can make it!
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

I would like like join you if that is OK. I have done the trail before.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X