Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See everyone at 8:30am. My wife and two boys are coming with me. See you all at the Flying J.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      Whadayathink Grizz? We go the 57 to the 210 to get around the madness?
      Loser. I mean can't wait to see you up there.

I'm all hooked up and ready to go wheeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        Loser. I mean can't wait to see you up there.

I'm all hooked up and ready to go wheeling.
        Hey, if we all go up the 605 and we can meet up along the way to the 210.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

210 up it is. Call me if you see me. If not, I'll see you there.

Comment

good fun, nice meeting all of yall!
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

That was awesome!!

Comment

Yes it was awesome. Great to meet everyone and I look forward to another. Thanks for organizing this.

Great job out there today Kasey. YOU ROCKED !!!!!!!
                You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

How much fun was that?!! It was awesome to meet everybody! I can't wait until next one!

There's some really pretty trails in the same area...111, 112, 113, 118, 119.They're easier than what we did today, but they're Gorgeous and well worth it. Camping too..it's remote and free..

**ya bit Kasey?? Lift, Lockers, tires, wheels? :^) Careful- it's a disease!
                  Last edited by I H8RDS; 09-18-11, 07:01 AM.
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

Thanks everyone. I had a great day running with Mike (Deepwater). Absolutely a perfect day and a very cool set of trails.

Mitch

Comment

Glad to see it was a successful run and everyone had a good time.

Not sure if Kurt shared why my wife and i didn't make it on the run. Our Jeep lost all power on freeway! No CEL or any other warning and just made it to the emergency lane (almost got taken out by a Mustang too!). Thinking the problem might have been the TPS, got towed to Lebec, a NAPA store across from Flying J. Got the TPS, but the damn torx head bolts would not budge. Had to have have a flatbed take us home. The trip home was exactly 100 miles, just happens that is what AAA allows per tow... whew!!

With the TB off the engine, had to use a Dremel to cut the heads of the bolts off to remove the TPS, then used vise grips to get the bolts to break free. Got new bolts, with allen heads, and the TPS installed. Still would not fire...

Rechecked the wires on the coil and all were secure. Thinking it might be the coil, picked up a new one and got it installed.... she fired right up.

Glad to have the Jeep running again, but this is the second coil in 6 months!!! WTF? Any suggestions why they are going bad? Using BWD brand but is there anything better out there? Thanks.

Comment

Bummer man :-( I think I saw your jeep on the side of the road out the corner of my eye, I was hoping you weren't apart of our group, sorry you missed the run, and hope you figure out what's up! Does MSD make a coil for your jeep?

BTW, anyone end up getting itches from the poison ivy? Kurt? Hope not!
                        Last edited by daniel_buck; 09-19-11, 09:13 AM.
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly_99TJ View Post
                          Glad to see it was a successful run and everyone had a good time.

Not sure if Kurt shared why my wife and i didn't make it on the run. Our Jeep lost all power on freeway! No CEL or any other warning and just made it to the emergency lane (almost got taken out by a Mustang too!). Thinking the problem might have been the TPS, got towed to Lebec, a NAPA store across from Flying J. Got the TPS, but the damn torx head bolts would not budge. Had to have have a flatbed take us home. The trip home was exactly 100 miles, just happens that is what AAA allows per tow... whew!!

With the TB off the engine, had to use a Dremel to cut the heads of the bolts off to remove the TPS, then used vise grips to get the bolts to break free. Got new bolts, with allen heads, and the TPS installed. Still would not fire...

Rechecked the wires on the coil and all were secure. Thinking it might be the coil, picked up a new one and got it installed.... she fired right up.

Glad to have the Jeep running again, but this is the second coil in 6 months!!! WTF? Any suggestions why they are going bad? Using BWD brand but is there anything better out there? Thanks.

WOW! What a bummer..dang jeeps-they're such money pits, but what can you do? Throw some more cash into them and hit the trails! I plan on going somewhere with a group the weekend of Oct 1st. I'll post up if others haven't already. Hope you can make that one! Camping is in order too I think!
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                          X