Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a photo of a jeep on the downside of this obstacle? Looks like that rear end will be a bit high as you come down :-)

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post

]
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Here are a few more views of Dead Mans climb.

Notice the spare tire print in the dirt

It can be damaging.

Comment

Next time out I will make this climb! Art told me about using a center limit strap to keep the front end from unloading. So I will have that an make the climb.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
          Anyone have a photo of a jeep on the downside of this obstacle? Looks like that rear end will be a bit high as you come down :-)
          No we fixed it, that obstacle is no longer there.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

I wouldn't even atempt that without a stretched wheelbase.

Comment

I really don't think a stretched wheelbase helps alot because there is no breakover for them. If you watch fred ,art and young there front ends don't unload. I tried it over a year ago and when I let out the clutch the front end unloaded so I back off.

Comment

Stretch wheel base definatly helps in climbing those really steep sections. Move the wheels back more weight is distributes to the front thus dont have as much issues climbing or end up like the last picture above. Suck down winch or straping the front might work but better have the winch out and a big boy like me as an anchor just incase lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                  Stretch wheel base definatly helps in climbing those really steep sections. Move the wheels back more weight is distributes to the front thus dont have as much issues climbing or end up like the last picture above. Suck down winch or straping the front might work but better have the winch out and a big boy like me as an anchor just incase lol.
                  Well where were ya to help out Beau? It was a load of fyn and ole Blue would have cruised through most of it without any trouble

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                    Next time out I will make this climb! Art told me about using a center limit strap to keep the front end from unloading. So I will have that an make the climb.
                    We, will hook a strap to the front just in case Curtis, hows the hunt for Big Jeep parts going?

Comment

I woke up too late sorry I mised out. Really wanted to go on this one. Oh well theres always next time.

Comment

Remember Franks old jeep he gave his son. Working on a offer for it. I want a CJ7 but now the wife says just do the TJ and buy a JK 4 door for the grandkids.

Comment

Remember Franks old jeep he gave his son. Working on a offer for it. I want a CJ7 but now the wife says just do the TJ and buy a JK 4 door for the grandkids.
                          The Currie Jeep would be sweet, then yours could make for a nice built up, have Fred help ya con cote some nice axles.
                          The stretch part should be no problem for you what so ever.
                          JK's are nice, just do not care for all the electronic Wizardry in them, like the tire pressure warning system that gives every body fits. If you end up with Frank's Jeep is see a Sledgehammer and Clawhammer night run in the future preferably on a nice moon lit night

Comment

If I get a JK I would get a 2wd and put new axles and atlas under it.

Comment

That is not a bad plan either.

Comment

Definitely the way to go if you have the time and money. The rear 44 is plenty strong, swap the front and put an AA RubiCrawler in there with either the 241 or 241OR (for really deep gearing.) If you are considering used, '07's had 4.10's as an option and did not require the tow package. Another plus is that TPMS was an option, not standard.
                                Last edited by 6spdYJ; 06-19-11, 09:04 PM.
                                God forgives, rocks don't
                                -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                                X