Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cougar Buttes Extreme

[COLOR="blue"]We had another great run in the Cougar Buttes today. All well equipped vehicles sporting great drivers and passengers.

We did a combination of all of all the trails out there using the connector canyons. There were a couple of minor issues - the AA broke a front hub, the red YJ a front break line, the JK twisted the front sway bar and most of us got a few new scratches on our vehicles.

Over all it was lot of fun and temps wern't too hot.

Link to slideshow[/COLOR]

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Last edited by mkjeepers; 06-11-11, 07:40 PM.

Wow! Looks like I missed out on a great run!
    I hope someone got a GPX so the rest of us can go exploring too. Nice Pics!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Good time Mike as always, even got to scrape some old paint off the rock rails and skid plates.

Broke a front hub or axle on this one.

Mike
      "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Wow! Looks like I missed out on a great run!
        I hope someone got a GPX so the rest of us can go exploring too. Nice Pics!
        Instead of gpx files, talk to Curtis or Mike, they can both give you the grand tour, was an extremely fun day with friends, some new some old. Andrew was a real trooper not long after his knee operation three wheelin up ledges like it's an every day thing, you rock bud

Comment

That was a fun day, I had to leave a little early because work called and then my good day continued when they called back on my way home and said there was no problem so I was actually able to then meet up with some friends and do a little shooting with my new toy. Excellent day. Thanks Mike for organizing this and for the excellent pics of my XJ. Thanks to everyone else who participated even though I can't seem to remember anyones name now that I'm typing out this message. Here are the pics I got from the tailgunner, sorry about not getting anything of you guys in the front, you were just to fast thru the obstacles for me to get into position for good pics maybe next time.

Comment

WOW that run looks crazy!

Comment

did you guys run hammerdown both ways? I like that video of the hill climb! where was that at? some sweet looking jeeps in there!...and Youngs truck
              KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Thanks Mike for leading us through some great trails I had a blast. Good to see everyone again and good job on all the pic's
                You can make it

Comment

Great time yesterday guys. Good having every one out together again like old times. Some nice new jeeps in the bunch also. Did crack my frame track bar mount and need alittle body work. LOL

IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]The rock that Chuck's passenger tire is on "WAS" on the side of the trail untill Art went through and "somehow" moved it into the middle of the trail. We had to do a little road work to get the rest of the vehicles through.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                      [COLOR="blue"]The rock that Chuck's passenger tire is on "WAS" on the side of the trail untill Art went through and "somehow" moved it into the middle of the trail. We had to do a little road work to get the rest of the vehicles through.[/COLOR]

Always glad to help make things more challenging

Comment

Great time yesterday guys. Good having every one out together again like old times. Some nice new jeeps in the bunch also. Did crack my frame track bar mount and need alittle body work. LOL

Those trackbar mounts either rip of the frame or the webbing on them crack, just grind the crack out weld it and plate it.
                        Did that on my yellow Jeep after the first time we ran Sledge hammer, anybody that wheels hard should check that thing on a regular basis

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]BTW Chuck did make it through before Cal Trans showed up.[/COLOR]

Art's saying "your good" - Fred's saying "I don't know Art"

Last edited by mkjeepers; 06-12-11, 11:12 AM.

Comment

THX for the great pics, Guys!!!

Comment

We missed ya there Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X