Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's amazing! Snow in DV in April. Even the coyote is wearing a jacket.

Thanks for the pic and the gas update Russ.

Mike
    "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

[QUOTE=Nipple Twister;188137]...thx for the update Mike, weather report looks very favorable from here on out so I'm saying it will be PERFECT by Thurs......sunny, light breeze, 70s +, cool enough at night to have a fire......yeee haaa......

Hi John,
      I was able to clear my work schedule so will be heading out there Thursday. Recruited by brother to ride along with me so will picking him up in LA in the morning and heading out the 14.

Do you think that it will be a little colder up there at 4300 ft than what the forecast predicts at night? Do you know of a lower campground around there? I'm thinking of renting a small trailer so I can haul a few more items and some firewood out there in case it gets really cold.

See you out there Thursday and will give a call on 146.55 when we get out that way. I'm in a Yellow JK 2 door. I think that we were on the Rattlesnake Canyon/Jacoby run together that Mitch organized a couple of months ago.

Getting excited now!

Mike
      "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Mike,
        Yup, we did Rattlesnake/Jacoby with ya, good times....

NWS forecast for Thurs 70 High/40 low, Fri same, Sat 78 high/57 low, Sun same. The valley will be warmer but I'm not really sure what elevation other campgrounds are, we have never camped in Death Valley before so it will be a learning experience for us as well. We'll be on our way Thurs early AM but we have some stops/side trips on the way so we won't be at Wildrose until that afternoon. I think Stovepipe Wells has a campground which I believe is lower elevation. We'll look for you either way and be monitoring 146.550, there is also a repeater in Trona we'll listen to on our way thru........
        John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
        X